HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: The other aspect of Pan-African

You said: “Africans outside the continent also have day-to-day survival issues that are urgent to them. So in this regard I suggest that people work from where they are to help address these local concerns while increasing awareness.
What I am getting at is the problems that afflict Africa are not only about Africans on the continent, and are quite similar to what Africans have to address the world over. “

Tell me if Diaspora Africans in rich nations deals with wars and genocide and famine on a daily basis? It is evident that a majority of Africans are well-off in the Diaspora. They have access to knowledge and freedom, yes, they can help people in Africa who receive the worse abuse form whites but they must feel concern, and not treat continentals like total strangers.

You said: “ Generally speaking, Africans do not control media, and as such, many only become aware of what is taking place on the continent of Africa after the events have unfolded. This can be addressed by diverse Africans taking active roles in Black owned and operated media. They will have to put the issues on the agenda. They cannot leave it up to a few to do for everyone. “

The African media do maintain a high grade of information about the Motherland. Where do you think I get constant resource of sound information? Otherwise it’s true; the white media is aimed at only building false and racist characterization of Africa. So, if we know that the very people who control us are very corruptive. Why African Diasporans continue to trust their headlines, because they are fools out there? They know they cannot trust the white media literacy it is high time that they experience African media from different countries. Moreover, the Diasporians have great historians, great underground media that set the tone for all Africans. They have more access to the World Wide Web super information highway and the freedom, yes, there in Western nations, to speak truth to power, to hold conferences, and workshops on African freedom issues. The bulk of them, don’t even have that type of intention....what a shame!

You said: “ The U.S. and other European countries also use their mercenaries to maintain Western political and economic interests outside of Africa. Haiti is a good example of this. They contribute to corrupting the political processes in other countries to install pro-western misleaders. Africans in and out of the continent do have similar issues to work out.”

Haiti is a disaster. Haiti is perhaps as much in worse shape as the DR Congo, Sudan, Sierra Leone, and Liberia... I am only criticizing those Africans unfortunate enough to live in ordered and prosperous states. Hopefully these Diasporians will take notice and do something about our problems.

You said: “ But generally speaking, Africans outside of the continent do not see Africans on the continent reaching out to them. This could also be as a result of who controls the media in most of these African countries.
Africans on the continent should also be encouraged to reach out to Africans outside of the continent, and not just on a political level, but also on more direct social levels.”

You are concerned about continentals helping Diasporans, well our great leaders and heroes right there on the continent have fought, are fighting for black freedom, yes, fighting and dying everyday for the positions of black people worldwide, Nkrumah, Winnie, Lumumba, and Mugabe to name a few. Bottom line I have never seen so much ungratefulness from African Diasporians, and to say to me that we continentals still owe you, no you need to step to the plate and help us. You have more power, you have the resources I think Africans from the Diaspora can play a major role in our freedom from our colonizers, but they just don't know or they don’t want to. Like you say, many African Diasporans are fighting their own battles with the self-centeredness they have, and no faith in their ancestors.

I know I am hopeless each time I post. The constant horrors in Congo have something to do about my desperation problem. Thousands of my people are being murdered every day I can’t help how I feel…

B.K

Messages In This Thread

African People Must Nourish Pan Africanization
Re: African People Must Nourish Pan Africanizatio
Re: African People Must Nourish Pan Africanuizatio
i apologize for "my hypocrisy"
Re: i apologize for "my hypocrisy"
your flattery will not erode my anger
your flattery will not erode my anger
Re: your flattery will not erode my anger
The other aspect of Pan-African
Re: I miss the word "US"
Re: African People Must Nourish Pan Africanization
Pan Africanization Starts With Each Family
Re: Pan Africanization Starts With Each Family
Re: Pan Africanization Starts With Each Family
Pan African Organization Committee
Re: Pan African Organization Committee
Re: Pan African Organization Committee

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com