HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: The other aspect of Pan-African

The first paragraph is generally true, and it is for this reason I deal with Pan-Africanization as a construct for personal development, and not a widely agreed upon political movement. Identifying with legitimate cultural experiences, and drawing from the best of all, is about people's personal development. On a personal developmental level, it does not matter if this respect is reciprocated. One benefits personally from increasing their awareness while engaging this exercise. If it has to be a political reality then all parties have to be interested in each other.

Africans outside the continent also have day-to-day survival issues that are urgent to them. So in this regard I suggest that people work from where they are to help address these local concerns while increasing awareness.

Generally speaking, Africans do not control media, and as such, many only become aware of what is taking place on the continent of Africa after the events have unfolded. This can be addressed by diverse Africans taking active roles in Black owned and operated media. They will have to put the issues on the agenda. They cannot leave it up to a few to do for everyone.

The U.S. and other European countries also use their mercenaries to maintain Western political and economic interests outside of Africa. Haiti is a good example of this. They contribute to corrupting the political processes in other countries to install pro-western misleaders. Africans in and out of the continent do have similar issues to work out.

Africans outside of the continent may also have cause to feel that Africans on the continent are INSENSIBLE. Many may never see an African nation coming to their aid. South Africa did try to assist Haiti, but many do not even know that, as it was played down in the western media. South Africa sent a plane load of guns, ammunition, bulletproof vests etc to help equip the local Haitian police while Aristide was there. This plane landed in Jamaica around the same time the U.S. was hustling Aristide out of Haiti. The timing suggested that the U.S. was aware that Aristide was getting African support, and they hastened his exit before it could reach. The Jamaican authorities eventually sent the plane back to South Africa. This is one case of an African nation extending a hand to Africans outside of the continent, but with the Western control of the media, few will know the potential for this kind of cooperation.

But generally speaking, Africans outside of the continent do not see Africans on the continent reaching out to them. This could also be as a result of who controls the media in most of these African countries. What I am getting at is the problems that afflict Africa are not only about Africans on the continent, and are quite similar to what Africans have to address the world over. Africans on the continent should also be encouraged to reach out to Africans outside of the continent, and not just on a political level, but also on more direct social levels.

Messages In This Thread

African People Must Nourish Pan Africanization
Re: African People Must Nourish Pan Africanizatio
Re: African People Must Nourish Pan Africanuizatio
i apologize for "my hypocrisy"
Re: i apologize for "my hypocrisy"
your flattery will not erode my anger
your flattery will not erode my anger
Re: your flattery will not erode my anger
The other aspect of Pan-African
Re: I miss the word "US"
Re: African People Must Nourish Pan Africanization
Pan Africanization Starts With Each Family
Re: Pan Africanization Starts With Each Family
Re: Pan Africanization Starts With Each Family
Pan African Organization Committee
Re: Pan African Organization Committee
Re: Pan African Organization Committee

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com