HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Give us the teachings of His Majesty

Thanks for your response and pinpointing my points that are lacking!

When I mentioned Home Schooling vs. “Babylon Education” there is a flaw in that a Rastafarian might only educate in what that particular people deems worthy of passing on to the child. Now I know not every Rastafarian will make such a decision but for those that have and will make such a decision there is a lack of real educational value. Yet there is that other side of the person that teaches what is taught in the Babylonian schools yet with a more open view i.e. WWII has many points of view depending on what country’s history book you’re reading from. It is ok to allow a young Rastafari child to go to a Babylonian school and have a strong relation to Rastafari without wavering. But my point in general was to point out the area in which certain Rastafari tend to out right reject the state educational system.

Concerning the “gangsta” thing, I’ve noticed in much of tours of the USA many Rastas want to be in some shape or form like American rappers and the likes. This copy cat behavior that I’ve seen happen amongst the “Americanized” Rastas is detrimental to what their parents stand for and Haile Sellassie himself. And to clarify further, when I mention “gangsta” it is with the American connotation behind it.

Well western higher education was definitely made for the ruling elite class and upper middle class but today there are hundreds of scholarships to be obtained. And brother Selassie, it is not only blacks who suffer but Hispanics, Asians and whites. My sister has a degree in business management and advertising and yet she a phone receptionist for an advertising company called Zimmerman. And she went to Europe to get more experience and more credentials but being a Black Jew did not stop her. Landing a lame phone job did not stop her. She has gotten offers from Sony Entertainment to be head manager of the artist promotion office and she got and she got an offer to work for a company in Holland whose name I can’t pronounce nor spell. But point is she moves forward like water. And I hope your sister gets more successful. May the Holy One Bless is He bless her abundantly!

If black people in general push forward the Almighty well break the walls like Jericho wall!

True education and “Babylon Education” have to be balanced like any chemistry experiment otherwise it could blow up in once face. I believe true education must be founded by the parent and the children must do it on a day to day basis because each day brings new situation in which ones ethics and morals will be tested. “Babylon Education” must be only necessary in that it helps the person elevate his or her standard of living.

Thanks for understanding what I’m trying to say and yes, I also believe it is a universal issue. But Rastafari have an upper hand which would be the Teachings Of Haile Sellassie which I will not deny, it does have the power to change ones life for the better because it deals with real life and not fairytales.

I personally read and reread his autobiography and speeches to the point where I have highlighted and made notes and commentary on each and every chapter.

May the Holy One Blessed is He, bless the works of your hands and pour rain over you.
Shalom Aleichem!

Messages In This Thread

Give us the teachings of His Majesty
Re: Give us the teachings of His Majesty *LINK*
True Leadership
Tolerance
NOT divided --HIM
You have gone too far,...
Re: You have gone too far,...
Re: You have gone too far,...

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com