HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Give us the teachings of His Majesty

In the fields of education, work, development leadership and government.

From my time within the movement I left a lack of "material elevation". There was that attitude of "whatever babylon made is evil and we should not use it". Which is the mindset of most elders. I understand no every elder has that mind set but mind you I am merely stating that which is only commonplace within the movement.

The five areas of life I mentioned in the opening are some of the areas Haile Sellassie developed in Ethiopia or his people and for all black people.

Education: There are Rastafarians the world over that reject "Babylon Education". Well "Babylon Education" is neccesary in order to get ahead in life. "Babylon Education" should be used in the context of elevating oneself to higher positions of income. It should be digested but refined. For many Rastas that perfer Home schooling over "Babylon Education" there is a flaw in not accepting the state education of where ever one might live.

Education is a key stone and prime foundation of any human life. "Education, work and diligence are the main foundation of Our national existance." HIM

"Education of the youth is the surest guarantee for a better life." HIM

Many of us spend our time looking into information about the mystic and spiritual side of life and don't put too much time in the universities getting degrees. (Now I'm speaking in general) Today some Rastas want to be gangstas some want to puff herb all day and not move a limb. Some want to spend their lives searching the esoteric realm. But not enough want to get AA, BA and MBA or even PHD. I myself was inspired by Miguel Lorne who is a Rastafarian Lawyer and Publisher to seek higher education. Rastafari people should not avoid going to universities. Black people in general need to get educated on all realms of life no matter if it is a spiritual pursuit or material, both must be balanced.

Work: Once someone has a degree in his or her's specialized field the possibilities are endless. Sure there might be a bit or a lot of push and shove from the white man but shouldn't that be all the reason more to be a doctor an engineer or whatever one wishes to be? There is no white man on this planet who will still be standing after denying me my right to be a marine biologist. Thus the words of Haile Sellassie will be complete to those who have read and adore his works. Now how many Rastas are there throughout North and South America including the Islands that are in high earning imcome jobs?

Well here in PR the majority of Rasses are shop owners were the sell Rasta clothe CDs ect. Others are farmers feeding the nation by selling their crops and cattle. Others are musicians. How many on my island own there own companies or hold a high position? Less then one percent. By the way in Puerto Rico there is not a lot of discontent with Rastas since the vast majority of Rastas keep their community clean and safe.

Rastas need to be nurses doctors lawyers politicians community leaders safe house employees and police officers. Rastas need to better up the world as spoken by HIM. Of course it is the sole responsibility of all humanity.

The wisdom knowledge and faith of the Rastafarians no doubt gives them the upper hand but just having a sword is not enough, one must be a swordsman and a valiant worrior in order to wield it properly.

It doesn't matter what mansion of Rastafari on is in, if he or she has locks or not smokes herbs or not, but it most be understood that in other to walk in Haile Sellassies footsteps one must live by the example and words of Haile Sellassie.

Messages In This Thread

Give us the teachings of His Majesty
Re: Give us the teachings of His Majesty *LINK*
True Leadership
Tolerance
NOT divided --HIM
You have gone too far,...
Re: You have gone too far,...
Re: You have gone too far,...

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com