HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Give us the teachings of His Majesty

To be honest, I don't want to "chant down" Haile Sellassie. I understand HIM as he stated, as a man and nothing more. What I am "chanting down" is the deification of a man when clearly he is not God, god or a demi-god. He is a great man and a man of the christian faith. I respect as man but his worship is clearly wrong. No man should bow his head or bend his knee to any man for all man are equal for even kings will die like dogs.

The reason why I'm here is because I have freedom to reason as I please. Though I prefer to reason in a peaceful manner, as you can see I have been attacked therefore my reasoning's have become less peaceful.

As I stated, I respect Haile Sellassie as a man. Yes, his wisdom is par excellence and his words universal but aren't the words of every great man more eternal than their speaker? People still read the words of the Hindu, Buddhist, Christian and Hebrew sages but that does not make the speaker a god-man or a god-woman. I cannot respect the worship of a man with a clear and sound conscious mind. But like the few great man that have existed he does deserve the respect for what he has done when he was alive.

I understand the living example that he is to many on here but walking in his footsteps does not constitute worshipping him, it constitutes that a man is able to follow and reach such a level of godliness within his life that all man are capable to follow and reach such a holy state of being between the terrestrial (dust/animal) and celestial (soul-spirit/angelic).

Shalom Aleichem!

Messages In This Thread

Give us the teachings of His Majesty
Re: Give us the teachings of His Majesty *LINK*
True Leadership
Tolerance
NOT divided --HIM
You have gone too far,...
Re: You have gone too far,...
Re: You have gone too far,...

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com