Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Give us the teachings of His Majesty

Greetings Levi
I agree that the points stressed by His Majesty is crucial for InI development as a people and nation.

I only have a couple of points to respond to.

"For many Rastas that perfer Home schooling over "Babylon Education" there is a flaw in not accepting the state education of where ever one might live."

I would like to know what the flaw is in "not acceptinig the state education of where ever one might live."?

"Today some Rastas want to be gangstas some want to puff herb all day and not move a limb."

Is this "some Rastas" or just some people in general? To I, being a gangsta and being Rastafari are mutually exclusive. I would guess that would depend on one definiton of gansta however.

Western schools are not what they are cracked up to be. In my opinion, it is another way to fleece people out of their money. Going to a university does not guarantee one money or employment. My sister who has a degree in bookkeeping and over 13 years experience, had been out of work for 6 months until she called me this past monday to tell me she found a job IN HER FIELD OF STUDY and expertise. Most often black people are in debt after school due to the fact that they had to get students loans. Many times, black people with degrees end up working in a field totally unrelated to their field of study

Western education is not as crucial as true education, which is knowledge of self, our-story and culture.

I sight what you are saying. I just do not see it as being as crucial as the I...unless ones want to forever hustle and bustle to make Babylon rich.

Being wise, intelligent, knowledgeable, and successful has nothing to do with western education in my opinion.

I have met quite a few educated fools.

"Black people in general need to get educated on all realms of life.."

Now I agree with this statement...in ALL REALMS of life.

I know Rases who have their own business. I know Rases who have degree from institutes of higher learning.

I think you paint Rastafari with a broad brush of generalizations.

But as I said before, I know what you are trying to say.

I think it is a universal issue for most black people of various livities and not just Rastafari people.

Peace

Messages In This Thread

Give us the teachings of His Majesty
Re: Give us the teachings of His Majesty *LINK*
True Leadership
Tolerance
NOT divided --HIM
You have gone too far,...
Re: You have gone too far,...
Re: You have gone too far,...

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com