HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: On Black Arrogance
In Response To: Re: On Black Arrogance ()

I am certainly not neglecting Africa or any other place or people in need. Maybe others are. I am also not telling you what you should do as you can make your own judgement. I am simply explaining my position and I am certainly not focusing on White people either.

I am focusing on the truth and correct attitudes that is respectful first to myself, which is not ONLY about my race but the best values of our ancestors. It does not matter how many Whites steal. I will not steal. It does not matter how many try to close their institutions to me. Each time they try, I create better opportunities. I can think so I can always improve and open doors. Their ignorance is not dictating or corrupting my core values.

I know that most White people’s poor conduct is an injustice and a constant reminder of the injustices so I am mindful not to repeat that mistake and to cooperate only with people who have demonstrated through words and deeds that they are mindful of these injustices, not only towards Africans but towards all other people and life-forms.

Whites as well as any other people who benefited from injustices should work and fund those who are doing the work to correct the injustice as part of their redemption exercise.

From my experiences:

Years ago I met a woman who was brilliant but was held back because of her color and size and this affected me greatly as I saw how others were being unfairly promoted in front of someone who had greater abilities. I worked hard to show her what I observed about the nature of people that was impeding her growth. My way to make up for this injustice was to promote her abilities way above those who neglected her and in so doing I realized more about the problems Women suffer and more about myself. Now she makes the big money and I got the awareness so it was a win, win situation.

It was by actively working to correct a wrong and not just talking about it I realized more about human character and life. I got the knowledge and she got what she wanted. I soon realized that this process works for anyone who realized that they benefited from oppression.

So I educate those who benefited from injustices to reach this awareness so they could support people who have experienced the injustices who are genuinely addressing the problem. If I were not open to different people who were searching for a way to assist and learn, then many important causes would have suffered.

Being open to privileged ones who may want to learn can actually benefit those who have experienced the oppression. If this is appreciated correctly it is a win, win relationship, were one side gets the awareness and the other side gets the resources and an injustice is being corrected.

I can give other examples of how both privileged persons and victims can benefit from a relationship once both parties are open.

Messages In This Thread

'White' Ignorance and Arrogance
Re: 'White' Ignorance and Arrogance
Why Whites Think Blacks Have No Problems
Dealing with Ignorance and Arrogance
GWAAAAAN AYINDE!
THANK YOU AYINDE!!! WELL SAID!!!!.NM. *NM*
WELL TRUE IYAH!!!!!!!!! *NM*
Opinion Corrections from the WHITE CHILD
Re: Ignorance and Arrogance
Kevn here is a fact you seem unaware of :
On Black Arrogance
Re: African Empress would you
Re: African Empress would you
By the way

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com