HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: On Black Arrogance
In Response To: Re: On Black Arrogance ()

For the sake of not wanting to continue the repetition as you also stated; I will say that your last post to clear up what you said you felt were misrepresentations on my part has been read and examined.

I find the content to be as explanatory as the initial content.

I truly feel that perhaps because of my chose of certain words, my intent is not necessarily being read online as they are flowing in my head. I could expound upon certain lines that you chose to highlight here but I see that what you see as inconsistency in theory on my part; is perfectly consistent to me, in my own opinion.

What we are discussing is differences of opinion on how to go about formulating and performing certain efforts to bring about the same result, and who to include in or exclude from those efforts.

What I certainly can agree on is that you are being true to YOU. I will and must also be TRUE to ME.

As I type this, the one thought going through my head right now is what I have witnessed on the news the past few days. For the past several days one of the headlining stories on CNN is the kidnapping, rape, and murder of a 5 year old little Californian girl who was playing in front of her house with a playmate. It was a terrible, terrible thing that happened and I remember my first reaction when I first heard that she was missing. At that point race did not matter, it was a little girl.

Then yesterday I heard of the aftermath of a little girl who had been kidnapped in Philadelphia. They were reporting the story after the fact because she is considered a little herione because she was bound and gagged with duct tape over her mouth and placed in an abandoned old building while being held for ransom. She bit through the duct tape untied herself and escaped. This girl was also taken from in front of her home.

I watch CNN daily a couple of times per day. I did not see a story about the philadelphia girl when she was first kidnapped. There was no all-points bulletin on the national news. Yet I am reminded time and again of the world we live in. Because I can assure that the Californian girl was white and the Philadelphia girl was black. Right now on the news there are daily updates of white girls missing (Even one in Utah). I can not remember a time when daily updates were given on NATIONAL NEWS of little black girls who have been taken and murdered. Yet It is happening all over the country.

The world shows me time and again, which life is more valuable to the world. So while the world focuses on the protection of white folks and their youth, I must be about not only MYSELF but also about those I consider to be MY people. (Again this is not a slant against you or a reflection on you ... this is stated MY views, MY motivation)

Again, I am not disturbed at you as I type this, I do not want you to take this personally. I am only, at this point, giving one more instance of where I'm coming from and why.

For at this point, once again, more focus than necessary is being put on whites and how you or I feel about them, how you or I relate to and with them, how much or how little of their involvement you or I want or feel is necessary. Once again we are proving the disunity amongst those who identify themselves as Blacks/Africans and the problems that white presence can cause (i.e., those who are for them, those who are against them, those who are indifferent to them, and all the variations in between). Perhaps you or most others on this board would think that I, and those with my sentiments, are the problem here, perhaps not.

Either way, the most important focus, Africa, continues to be neglected. And with good reason.

Best of wishes

Messages In This Thread

'White' Ignorance and Arrogance
Re: 'White' Ignorance and Arrogance
Why Whites Think Blacks Have No Problems
Dealing with Ignorance and Arrogance
GWAAAAAN AYINDE!
THANK YOU AYINDE!!! WELL SAID!!!!.NM. *NM*
WELL TRUE IYAH!!!!!!!!! *NM*
Opinion Corrections from the WHITE CHILD
Re: Ignorance and Arrogance
Kevn here is a fact you seem unaware of :
On Black Arrogance
Re: African Empress would you
Re: African Empress would you
By the way

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com