HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

On Black Arrogance

Greetings and Blessed Haile Selassie Earthday!!!

I wanted to comment on "Black Arrogance". I am NOT referring to day to day interactions amongst any given human on the streets of any country. I am referring to what is being called the philosophical and intellectual "Black Arrogance".

Have you noticed how (regardless of any of our personal opinions of these individuals) these were/are considered Arrogant?:

Louis Farrakhan, Malcolm X, Black Muslims, Marcus Garvey, Jomo Kenyatta, Lumumba, Biko, Sistah Souljah, Public Enemy, KRS1, Black Panthers, even Bob Marley towards some Canadian and Euro reporters, etc., etc., "militant" Rastafarians.

We must realize, at this point, that when an African speaks towards SELF-DEFENSE (Black Panthers, Malcolm X) against REAL physical/psychological danger; towards SELF-LOVE; towards POOLING together of world-wide African ecomonic, social, political efforts; and against WHITE world domination and it's EFFECTS... this African is considered ARROGANT.

Surely, for each one such as the white young man who just posted on this thread, there are thousands more who think like him, who perceive reality as he does.

This is, in my opinion, an IRREPARABLE difference between the races. For so many who BELIEVE themselves to be WELL-MEANING, WELL-INTENTIONED, NON-RACIST, NON-SUPPORTIVE of the "system".... also believe themselves to be NON-BENIFICIARIES of the system that we seek to destroy.

I would, almost... almost, venture to say that white unconscious as well as conscious denial of the reality of other human beings combined with what has become natural "inborn" characteristics(second nature) has created a mental block and chemical reaction, i.e., "AVERSION" to black intellectual thought that is independent of Euro schooling and speaks against their system and their advertant and inadvertant reaping of benefits. An "AVERSION" to black anger channeled through rhyme, poetic verse, lecture, thesis, etc. which refuses to back down or bow down.

This aversion to these "attitudes" of CONSCIOUS AFRICANS is too often coined as "BLACK ARROGANCE".

Until these reactions manifested by SOME "well-meaning" whites to Conscious Africans is really dealt with... there can be no hope of united efforts at building a "world community".

africanempresss

Messages In This Thread

'White' Ignorance and Arrogance
Re: 'White' Ignorance and Arrogance
Why Whites Think Blacks Have No Problems
Dealing with Ignorance and Arrogance
GWAAAAAN AYINDE!
THANK YOU AYINDE!!! WELL SAID!!!!.NM. *NM*
WELL TRUE IYAH!!!!!!!!! *NM*
Opinion Corrections from the WHITE CHILD
Re: Ignorance and Arrogance
Kevn here is a fact you seem unaware of :
On Black Arrogance
Re: On Black Arrogance
Re: African Empress would you
Re: African Empress would you
By the way

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com