HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: On Black Arrogance
In Response To: Re: On Black Arrogance ()

With all due Respect:

I hope people will consider what I have presented and possibly give their views as I feel these discussions cannot go further until this is addressed especially in light of some of the comments made on the post "By the way". I feel it is fruitless for me to address other questions until some of the inferences on that post are cleared up.

TO FURTHER CLARIFY THAT DISCUSSION:

In MY view, at the heart of identifying African in harmony with our ancestors (African centered) is MORAL VALUES. The BEST of my Ancestors did not define themselves along racial lines, although they had little need to.

Daily, I EMPHASIZE the importance of understanding racial origins to encourage recognition and correction of distortions that developed as a result of false White Superiority. I do so as a prerequisite to recognition of our richer values.

I am for EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, which is the basis for defining JUSTICE.

Equal opportunity for me starts by correcting historical misinformation, which fuels the oppression of people. I am for compensating the victims and or the descendants of victims for injustices as a STEP towards leveling the economic playing field, which also serves to force acknowledgement of a serious crime against humanity.

In this exercise I know that we need the efforts of all who are conscious of these issues and are willing to work towards correcting the many wrongs. For me, this means working with people who first understand their limited racial/cultural history and can reconcile that to the AFRICAN foundation of human development in harmony with our COMMON VALUES. This exercise is for correcting historical misrepresentations and attitudes while offering each and everyone an equal opportunity to develop.

The idea of defining ourselves ONLY along racial lines is a false Aryan/European concept that is repeated ‘ad nauseam’ in many African circles without due consideration for the fact that the same people eventually make their judgments based on VALUES.

AFRICAN is a RACIAL identification as well as a CULTURAL identification. At the heart of our ancestral cultural diversity was a set of core human/humane values that respected all of life.

While it is important to recognize RACIAL identifications (for correcting misrepresentations and injustices), the next level is to recognize the VALUES that allowed for the development of great African schools of thought, which gave rise to all other cultural views and values.

The same way I will not directly identify with a European thief and murderer, I would not identify with a similar person of African racial features. It is the values that make the difference.

#

You stated:

"I also saw that you stated that (to paraphrase) Africans can not united solely on the basis of race. And (to paraphrase) that "your collective" is peoples of all races who are willing and able to work on the same path of progress.

I do not agree with the first statement; although it helps me to further ovas where you are coming from in various posts."

#

I have seen many who embrace African history, reject other Africans who disrespected our history. This has been done repeatedly on this board. In MY opinion we are quite correct to reject such Africans who refuse to become better informed once they have had access to pertinent information. We were not rejecting such Africans because of their race but because of their false values and unwillingness to learn. So in truth, those who embrace African history do identify with people based on VALUES and not ONLY because of their race.

#

Another quote that was possibly directed to me:

"Give thanks for miniscule population of JOHN BROWNS that you will be able to work with."

I suspected that the use of 'JOHN BROWNS' here was a label for the few whites and Africans that MAY be able to appreciate African issues in relation to their own positions. I do not view MYSELF as working only with a FEW Whites IF or WHEN they present themselves, but I am willing to work with all Africans who understand the struggle as well as the FEW or all others of the other racial groups who understand the struggle and recognize the order for a restoration of equal opportunity.

For example, if there are 100 Africans who understand the struggle, one White person and one Chinese person, then I am working with 102 persons all together instead of 100.

In no way will I support any system that promotes people SOLELY (ONLY) on the basis of their race, but I will support the correction of historical wrongs while leaving the door open for all others who are willing to embrace the truth in the ‘RIGHT ORDER’.

#

Absolutely no group of people has ever been able to unite SOLELY along racial lines. Whites kill Whites, Indians kill Indians, Chinese kill Chinese, and Africans kill Africans because of differences in ideas and values. It is true that distortions and disruptions to African societies is what allow Africans to easily kill each other. TODAY this is the legacy of Arab and European miseducation/colonialism, which corrupted indigenous societies. The corruption is in the values and not simply a race of people.

So it is by realizing common cultural values that people can reconcile differences. Races have many variations of cultural tastes that are irreconcilable even within racial groups.

Racial identification has been tried by the Aryans/Europeans in India and the Western world and it only brought more warfare and abuses. The Israeli Jewish Supremist lobby groups have been trying to accomplish the same within their Jewish community and for this they disrespect the rights of others and fuel more killings and hate.

Racial Identification is important for focusing, realizing and addressing common problems but without a set of common values (that are fair and equitable to all), it is impossible for people to unite.

I value your views very much and I hope you revisit your previous post in relation to all that I have commented on this board especially this thread. Although this statement “If you are, indeed, of Africa/An African descendent” may seem harmless it reeks of a negative attitude towards people who may be simply trying to elevate the discussion. I saw a similar statement in reference to someone that claimed to be a ‘Rasta’ who was simply trying to point out that sometimes some of the more informed Africans easily ‘take bait’. Later on you saw the point.

Much of the views in the post I embrace and have presented on this board but I still leave room for others of different races who MAY be able to see these truths. It does not matter if presently people of other races do not “get it” but in MY MIND, the door remains open for them to know that all is reparable if and when they ‘come better’.

If OUR philosophy does not hold the door open for reconciling differences, then we are simply repeating the errors of recent history and are not identifying with the truth/best of our ancestors.

The headline “By the way” reminds me of the story about the foundation rock people neglected so the building could not stand.

I hope my views are given consideration and are fairly represented.

Messages In This Thread

'White' Ignorance and Arrogance
Re: 'White' Ignorance and Arrogance
Why Whites Think Blacks Have No Problems
Dealing with Ignorance and Arrogance
GWAAAAAN AYINDE!
THANK YOU AYINDE!!! WELL SAID!!!!.NM. *NM*
WELL TRUE IYAH!!!!!!!!! *NM*
Opinion Corrections from the WHITE CHILD
Re: Ignorance and Arrogance
Kevn here is a fact you seem unaware of :
On Black Arrogance
Re: African Empress would you
Re: African Empress would you
By the way

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com