HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

By the way
In Response To: Re: On Black Arrogance ()

Ayinde i reviewed your thread "reparations" and your philosophy on "MY OWN" etc.

I also saw that you stated that (to paraphrase) Africans can not united solely on the basis of race. And (to paraphrase) that "your collective" is peoples of all races who are willing and able to work on the same path of progress.

I do not agree with the first statement; although it helps me to further ovas where you are coming from in various posts.

When speaking of and using the term "african" it has a racial connotation. If you are, indeed, of Africa/An African descendent, and can be classified as "African" then this is a racial connotation. It was only until recently that whites could be heard calling themselves "south african" etc.; which is based on "nationality" rather than racial affiliation.

Mind you, I am not one of those "we are all africans since humanity started in africa" club members.

When Haile Selassie worked to bring about the OAU, the emphasis was on African nations. I did not ovastand this to be just based on "nationalities" but on a entire group of peoples who happened to have nations built around themselves. When Haile Selassie spoke to the African peoples abroad, HIM was not referring to a particular "nationality" but to a race of people spread out to the four corners of the earth; who had different nationalities. HIM knew that there was work to be done based on racial identity, as those who were/are racially identified as Africans are in a particular predicament worldwide.

So indeed, in MY opinion, race matters. It matters to the oppressors and it should matter to the oppressed.

Now by the same token, it is indeed true that Africans were the ones who brought "one love" to the table. So we know that, naturally, it is possible for Africans. What has been proven is that it is not, naturally, possible for VAST majority of European stock, unless their courts designate some legislation to force them to BEHAVE. You will see the evidence of this in the slums of Europe where Africans finds themselves. You will find treatment of Africans is very much based on racial lines.

(An example: If I walk in an airport in Europe, I will not be seen as a nationality, I will be seen as an African or one of African descent; just as I would have no idea where each white person was from I can only tell that they are caucasian, or asian, etc.)

In MY opinion if Africans come to know and ovastand this about Euros then they will begin to recognize that one love is a wonderful but IMPRACTICAL ideal in this world which is commanded by different rules.

Give thanks for miniscule population of JOHN BROWNS that you will be able to work with.

Yet Africans must see themselves as a collective group; whose ancestors where also black african and their ancestors were black. So in honoring our ancestors we are honoring an inherent part of them which is their black africanness. It is inseparable.

Yes, I am guilty of enjoying being black, enjoying being affiliated with black, craving to learn more about the different african cultures worldwide, and celebrating inherent black(isms). (Just as whites should enjoy being who they are)

If only more of our intellectuals did not, through the expanse of their intellect, begin to see themselves as colorless, with no affiliations; and most times married to white women. (Post-colonial African presidents included). We have seen this time and time again in history. Can't really accept that there were NO black women around for these men. (the same excuse that black rastaman gives to this date)

But I digress, the last portions could be considered different yet inter-related topics all together.

I will leave the subject of these threads for others to participate if they so wish.

Guidance
africanempresss

Messages In This Thread

'White' Ignorance and Arrogance
Re: 'White' Ignorance and Arrogance
Why Whites Think Blacks Have No Problems
Dealing with Ignorance and Arrogance
GWAAAAAN AYINDE!
THANK YOU AYINDE!!! WELL SAID!!!!.NM. *NM*
WELL TRUE IYAH!!!!!!!!! *NM*
Opinion Corrections from the WHITE CHILD
Re: Ignorance and Arrogance
Kevn here is a fact you seem unaware of :
On Black Arrogance
Re: On Black Arrogance
Re: African Empress would you
Re: African Empress would you
By the way

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com