AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: I overstand
In Response To: Re: I overstand ()

Selassie Live,

look,I can fathom what is being said,in the most basic of forms.
Yes,I know who Judah is talking about in general,but I think generalities are not particularly good in this day and age.Yes whites have done everything to destroy and perpetuate their idea of being supreme and display blatant narccicism.
Im not just saying in the past too,o.k.As a general thing,yes,its true they are 'the group',but the group is'nt allways the individual.Yes,as a group it would be very good for them to do some realising and some real big waking up,and then some works/manifestations of actual social change(if permitted and none of that white- 'I'll take care of this' rubbish).

From my observations, though,white people as a group are'nt really unified in the most positive sense.They simply co-habit the same place(due to colonial regime)and get some benefits and of course,more priveledges,which is part of the racist SYSTEMIC.
In the first section of whites it seems the idea is not popular amongst a large portion of them to make amends for what they falsely(in my opinion)see as being 'in the past'.Another large portion are just so ignorant that they dont see,and you know its not popular to be not popular (if you know what I mean)coz theyre looking around in a society that wants to deny it even happened and is still happening(colonial white superiority thinking).This second large portion are,from my observations,well meaning but certainly lacking courage and nouse.Some of them are nice and if got on board,if convinced of what has happened/happening could be useful in a healing process.Then theres the ones who know what is going on to a degree but they are rejected by the first section very quickly and have to be almost covert if they want change,which seems to be more a mental/emotional change to even begin to 'get' the enormity of their 'group trnsgression'.The ones who are different in their thinking would have a hell of a time trying to convince the two larger groups.No comparisson to African peoples in hardships, whatsoever,but it is not obviously 'easy' for them to go against the grain of the overall group.
Im not making excuses for anyone of them,I just dont think that they are all bad nor do I think they are emopowered as a race to even realise they have the power to tell their governments what to do,in allmost any way.Tell me,in what country's are the masses running things and the polies doing the work for the mass,like true kings and cheifs did of old?And I think we know who created that SYSTEMIC,dont we.So everyone can have the potential for corruption,it seems,cos everyone has been effected by this devils system that is bound to fail cos its not based on Original root principles!A whole heap of people racing for a slice of the action,no matter who,no matter where;all just in much bigger degrees where there is more despairation.And you know where that is and what communities that sffer most,dont you?An its not just economic,I'm not saying just that.
So whites better wake up as a group.
The whole,'whites cant be Rastafarians' thing,whatever.If one group/race wants to hang together as that group...sweet.Thats their choice.
If different races/cultures want to get together and 'worship',do spiritual practices and the original custodians of those practices welcome those other races and guide them and make sure they keep it pure,then great.I got no problem with that.Whites are probably likely to learn about race more in those circles than being all fluffy duck in their own little egg shells.
I dont realy see eye to eye with Baba Ras Marcus in some ways.I'm sure theres other elders who dont fully agree with each other on all aspects of this either.But you know,full respects.

I dont see Rastafari as some sort of an extension of ism in the form of Garveyism or an 'organisation' either.
I dont beleive whites are all the same and should be thrown into the same basket.If you dont think they have anything to be trusted in and its also your experience,then...I spose youre not gonna trust them.Fair enough,no-one can take that away from you.

Whites,probably have created Rastafari into a 'religion' of sorts,and other non-African groups who are not focussed on the true cause of justice connected with the spirituality.They probably need to be set straight.There was a post on this website by Ras Jahaziel addressing this issue in very uncompromising terms,It was a great post and was just saying that whites who claim Rastafari need to acknowledge accept Africa and Africans right to freedom,reparations and repatriation, and if they do not then they have a Klans man's heart.
Coz after liberation the essence of the spirit that drove the freedom,still lives on.Seeking justice is very much like belief,faith and hope,it is somwhere in between the physical actualisation of the future, and the past.So what sort of vibe or energy needs to be driving liberation?.
The movement itself seems bigger than one or four men.That said,if you have some more comments or questions for me,no problem.

Haile SELASSIE is KING,Empress MENEN QUEEN.Nothing change that.Bless..

Messages In This Thread

Principles Of Rastafari People Are Fading Away
thoughts and understanding the tohughts is what
Re: thoughts and understanding the tohughts is wha
lol.. its true, I lack discipline *NM*
i see, thank you
Re: i see, thank you
Re: Principles Of Rastafari People Are Fading Away
TRUE! *NM*
Re: TRUE!
Re: TRUE! *LINK*
Re: TRUE! cont.
Re: TRUE! cont.
SEEN *NM* *LINK*
Re: SEEN
hmmm
Re: hmmm
is this true? about "whites"
Re: is this true? about "whites"
i agree that
Re: i agree that
no problem! *NM*
RASTAFARI! RAS MARCUS, MUCH LOVE. *NM*
Re: RASTAFARI! RAS MARCUS, MUCH LOVE.
Repatriation For Africans, Ignored For 500 Years.
Divide and conquer
Re: Divide and conquer
INI CAN AND WILL NEVER FADE AWAY!!!!!!!
Re: INI CAN AND WILL NEVER FADE AWAY!!!!!!!
Re: Fading Away...no compassion whatsoever
Re: Fading Away...no compassion whatsoever
I overstand

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com