AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Principles Of Rastafari People Are Fading Away

It is just hard for me to see, why the Europeans, the Indians, the Chinese and all other races of people, cannot stay with there own people, and praise the creator in their own language and culture. even if they believe that Haile I Sellassie I is the creator.

Maybe because cultures have a mixture of different racial groups. Maybe people might be welcomed into some groups Issemblies to praise the most high.Is that alright in your estimation?
Because someone who might have been raised as an atheist might see nothing in their own racial group(you did start off talking about selectiveness based on racial groups)that actually has any real solidness to it. They may see a real presence of something that is much more eternal and ancient than in others systems, faiths ect.
Because praising the most high may not be something that interferes with African peoples liberation. If African Rastafari people want to talk strategy about attaining reparations,repatriation and talk Black business in a practical form, then thats probably another sort of meeting, do you think?
I mean if you're talking real organized practical busy-ness movements then it means work, right? That aspect would be special business and not privy to any other race.Yes?
However,is what you are saying that- because Africans have had so much taken away from them and have been tortured,raped, murdered, brutalized, slaved, genocide, menticide, used and abandoned that through Rastafari you as a people have worked diligently to restore a culture and way of worship that is uniquely connected to African traditions?
I am only trying to understand something that to me seems to be extremely complex.
When you see or hear, whites in particular, using the same words, dressing like how some African Rastafarians dress in Ifficial Issembly and playing binghi drums I can see how you would be 'whats this about, how can they relate to this. Rastafari is about restoring culture of Africans and a mystical non religious worship practice and for the liberation ,repatriation and recalibration of justice for Africans!' Is this sort of close?
A sort of three in one movement. One- being the lifestyle of natural healthy living, including symbology and practices like burning holy sacrament, 'I' words that reaffirm the divinity within , sacred drumming e.t.c and Two- 'theological' or spiritual teachings with moral principles,or 'a way of seeing life' and Three- black liberation,reparation, centralization, where strategies are formed for this practical human mobilization.
Is this a reasonably accurate idea of where you are coming from?

I am just thinking along the lines of there being something in Rastafari ways that is universal so maybe you can see where some others come from or for you to correct me in some way coz I might well be convinced or changed. I mean, alot of cultures and man in general can relate to the idea that certain drum beats and drumming can connect one with a higher/ inner force. Not too many worship groups use this as a practice and take it seriously like alot of Rastafari people do. For example, some may say that Japanese, europeans etc. should find or play their own drum beats, but really, I think a beat is a beat and is a gift from the source creator. The heart beat has been, and is still played in a number of cultures. These type of drum patterns relate to alot of people throughout time and history, but when you dont know who your racial group(and even if you do) actually really is, and where exactly it could be located geographically, its pretty hard to talk about 'roots', and what some were doing 1000 years ago could have been taught to them by a different group who were taught by a particular race or group and so on and so on. Alcohol seems to be a real problem to me and it has been part of the euro culture for a long time. There seems to be no real significant spiritual practice with it. It isnt really natural and doesnt really induce or create any significant or enlightening mind changing experiences. I dont smoke herb now but I took it seriously and it assisted me in a number of ways. I took it seriously and didnt take it to just get 'high' because Rastafari people put into my awareness its sacredness. I respect it. I know other cultures in history have used it in sacred practices. So it has been a tool for humanity for a long time.
I can see the import and significance in putting 'I' before some words to emphasize the significance and personalisation of the creator within. It could be a good reminder if it is used consciously for one wanting to connect deeper within to the internal teacher, otherwise it could be just like anything learned in language and be meaningless,like taking the lords 'name' in vain.
Haile Selassie is absolutely amazing, his words should be taught in all schools, I mean that truly. A friend of mine has a masters in social science and she was reading some words of King Selassie I gave her and said how amazing that his approach to society was way ahead of the times because what they are teaching now in universities as 'cutting edge' was stuff he was talking about in the early 60s. His words on many things are as solid as a rock! He is a good role model.Alot of people would relate to these things that are part of Rastafari movement, you know?Some people do. I know locks have been grown in a number of mystic traditions, even white people developed locks from plaited hair in Celtic times. They saw each lock as representing their stages and development of wisdom. Most of that culture has been lost now. Some holy traditions grow locks and some have their head shaven or covered at all times for many of the same notions.
The oldest human skeleton found was found in Ethiopia.
Many holy texts and oral teachings of certain indigenous people talk of the power that certain words have when spoken with conscious intention. Most language seems to be based on various African languages so some see the Rastafarian movement as one that embodies an ancient and forgotten form of living that was known long ago and has been resurrected. So some would say why try and change it? Its reality and blessing has been manifested here on earth from the Most High.
Some people totally agree with the Black reparation and repatriation movement and of course are not African and know that they have no place in leadership roles or decision making positions in a situation that only can and should be strategized and led by Africans. Some ones from many different races see the ignorance of white people in particular and their denial and attacks against those of their own race who try and explain that Africans have not been paid for what has happened. Even to point to the indigenous people of the colonized land and say listen to them, ask them questions is met by great ridicule and denial. Sure its nothing compared to what Africans face and have faced but I merely saying that some people relate to the form of movement that Jamaicans created and some of them has real honor for it and respect because of what is evoked in their own souls.
Anyway, I cant explain all of what I am trying to get at, coz I only had an hour and have gone overtime.

I am interested in some more reasoning if possible Baba Ras Marcus.
Haile King Selassie Empress Menen

Messages In This Thread

Principles Of Rastafari People Are Fading Away
thoughts and understanding the tohughts is what
Re: thoughts and understanding the tohughts is wha
lol.. its true, I lack discipline *NM*
i see, thank you
Re: i see, thank you
TRUE! *NM*
Re: TRUE!
Re: TRUE! *LINK*
Re: TRUE! cont.
Re: TRUE! cont.
SEEN *NM* *LINK*
Re: SEEN
hmmm
Re: hmmm
is this true? about "whites"
Re: is this true? about "whites"
i agree that
Re: i agree that
no problem! *NM*
RASTAFARI! RAS MARCUS, MUCH LOVE. *NM*
Re: RASTAFARI! RAS MARCUS, MUCH LOVE.
Repatriation For Africans, Ignored For 500 Years.
Divide and conquer
Re: Divide and conquer
INI CAN AND WILL NEVER FADE AWAY!!!!!!!
Re: INI CAN AND WILL NEVER FADE AWAY!!!!!!!
Re: Fading Away...no compassion whatsoever
Re: Fading Away...no compassion whatsoever
I overstand
Re: I overstand

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com