HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Should Rastas be thinking of repatriation NOW!

Iziz!

Should InI rastas be seriously thinking about repatriation Now? About 3 weeks ago on a sunday morning I watched the CNN headline news and they gave a reporting on Rastas in Shashamane and how they were forced to leave because of lack of resources and because the Ethiopian government gave them a hard time specifically about their religious use of Marijuana. They interviewed various ones and some from Atlanta. I'm sure that many on this message board know these ones. What concerned me at the time and still does is the fact that they were reporting that piece of news at that particular time.

We are in a re/selection time and things are getting serious and dangerous. They are passing laws that will soon prove seriously detrimental to ones in our communities. What should InI do. Are we to become like the Muslims and be hunted down and killed or abused in other ways? I already feel the heat.Everytime the terror alert level is raised folks outside *in a city which is not even threatened) become more violent. This goes for the cashiers to customers and guards at the stores that I visit. I truly feel spied upon like I'm constantly being followed.

In addition, I haven't heard any serious discussion about what will happen in the event that Shrub or Bush is re/selected. Folks this will mean bad things for all of INI. They have tightened the ports to stop terrorism but it will also stop some of us from entering and from bringing lively and much needed goods from elsewheres. Bush and his administration has also promised to retaliate against certain ones for supporting Aristide during the recent coup that his administration sponsored.

At this time I am aggressively seeking another place to live. Does anyone have any idea where in the world it is safe and legal for Rastas to exists? I've heard of the life in Amsterdam, Netherlands and I read much about the cofee shops etc. but there's also a high unemployment rate. Does anyone know how easy it is to start a business there and to live or gain legal status? The take in religious refugees does anyone know Rastas there who speak English and live there? Please put me in contact with some of these folks because I would really like to look into it. At this time, I have read and spoken with many people about Rastas in Africa. Our lifestyle is not welcomed and it is illegal in many parts. I lived well in West Africa but I could not make a living. The herb is quite inexpensive because it is bussed in from Gambia.

I would appreciate any responses about this issue. I have also done some research into parts of the Caribbean islands/nations and there are a lot of hardships there at this time and making a living is very difficult.

Guidance and Blessings.

Messages In This Thread

Should Rastas be thinking of repatriation NOW!
Re: Should Rastas be thinking of repatriation NOW!
Exodus NOW! To I n I father's ZION THRONE!
Repatriation the Question?
Re: Repatriation the Question?
Africa Is I and I Ancestors land?
Re: Africa Is I and I Ancestors land?
Re: Repatriate now or face the consequences!
Re: Repatriation the Question?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com