HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Should Rastas be thinking of repatriation NOW!

Greetings and much blessing for your deep thinking and very bold presentation. I am aware of everything which you mention in your presentation. I have said it before, and I will say it again, the Rastafari movemant needs very serious, or drastic reformation. One of the changes which needs to be made, is to allow the voices of Iyaughters, to be heard in the gates of our reasoning, since there is an internal teacher, inside of each of us, whether you be a man or a woman. It is just a very good thing for us to listen to each other, since each one teach one.

Mama Africa is our mother land, but there are rules and regulations, in every part of Mama Africa, just like any other place upon the face of this earth, and that includes Ethiopia, which most of us may regard as mount Zion. We have to be very practical and pragmatic about everything, in which we have to deal in this world. There are Jails, prisons and police in Ethiopia, and other parts of Africa, and if we go there and break the Laws of that Country, we are going to be arrested like it would happen in any other Country in the world.

It is against the law for us to smoke herbs in Ethiopia and other parts of Africa, and that is something which we know, so we just have to have some self control, so that we can find ways or attitudes, to get along with our own people, in our own mother land. There is no way that we can be able, to take care of our families, while we are in jail, so we really do not have to risk going to jails, because of smoking any thing at all. We really do not have to smoke to live, and I have said that before on this forum.

Smoking is another bad habit which I personally think should be abolished, form among all African people, at home and abroad, since it is nothing but a very bad habit, a very bad addiction, and a very bad social adoption. We got along really well, in the early days of our childhood, without smoking, but as we noticed, that the adults around us are smoking, we try to adopt there silly ways, and as son as we become adults or even before, we pick up this social adoption of smoking, I did it myself, until I ask myself, what was it good for, and I got the positive answer, absolutely nothing, so I just stopped.

We cannot repatriate to Africa with habits which will create, more disunity than we already have, we are working for a United States of African people, so we must take attituides of goodness to our mother land. We can certainly live without smoking, but we just cannot survive as a people, without African Unity among our people everywhere. We cannot act as if we are different from other Africans, regardless of where they were born. We who are Rastafari people were first Africans when we were born, then later we take up the belief of the Rastafari movemant, but that did not change us from being Africans.

The best thing that we can do as a race of people, is to operate as the liberation movemant which we are supposed to be, and put the various religions aside, since these are just beliefs, which can only be proven to be true or false, in the future, whether it be soon or later. It is a unreasonable person who continue to teach and preach, something which he or she just cannot prove. We should not nourish our internal contradictions, because we are afraid of what others may think or say about us. IF SOMETHING DOES NOT LOOK, OR FEEL, OR SOUND RIGHT IN YOUR MOODS, SPIRIT OR MIND, do not hasitate to speakout, for through reasoning, we can make changes and move ahead with new knowledge.

Africa is really the place that we should be thinking of going, but we cannot go there empty handed, we must go there with the intention to reconstruct, in unity with our people. Our African Iyaughters at home and abroad, can be very helpful to our successful family life, if we as males, would care for them in the manner which they should be cared for, and stop making them into mental and physical servants in our villages everywhere.

Let them be treated with respect and dignity, so that they can feel that happiness and free spirit, as well as peace of mind, then will they be happy and free, to use their talents and abilities, to help to make our homes, and villages better places to live.
Again I send many oceans of blessing and self determination.
ONE BLACK LOVE ONE BLACK HEART.
Baba Ras Marcus.

Messages In This Thread

Should Rastas be thinking of repatriation NOW!
Exodus NOW! To I n I father's ZION THRONE!
Repatriation the Question?
Re: Repatriation the Question?
Africa Is I and I Ancestors land?
Re: Africa Is I and I Ancestors land?
Re: Repatriate now or face the consequences!
Re: Repatriation the Question?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com