HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Africa Is I and I Ancestors land?

Contrary to many on this board, and based on some of the comments I have seen, the Shashamane project is presently a misguided exercise.

For one thing, Haile Selassie was not the spokesperson for all Africans, and with all due respect to him as one of our ancestors, he never spoke adequately for me on many matters. I am of the view that he did not understand the depths of racism and White privileges.

Though Marcus Garvey was not perfect in his understanding of many things either, he was far more in touch with the nuances of the racist system, and as such resonates well with me - far more so than Haile Selassie.

As was explained earlier on this board, Whites are 'Repatriating' to Shashamane, and added to that, there is a fund raising exercise that is supposed to also take care of them. I am quite convinced that this was not well thought out. In no way should Whites be materially benefiting from Repatriation to Africa.

They can pay to go like any tourist or even spend time among the natives as many do. They can migrate if they so choose (although I am not giving a blanket support to this). But to be claiming physical Repatriation to Africa is very misguided. Added to which Blacks are supposed to donate funds to somehow make life easier there for these Whites. That is totally unacceptable in my view. Payments should be flowing from Whites to blacks when we are dealing with correcting these historical injustices, notwithstanding that some African communities might also have some paying to do.

Those who accept the notion of Whites physically repatriating to Africa have not carefully thought it out. And while that policy is in place on that Shashamane land, in no way would I support it. It is an anti-Black move in my view. It matters not how well intended these Whites are. They are to pay reparations, and Blacks are to make moves with the proceeds.

Repatriation to Africa is for Black Africans and their descendents who were forcefully removed from the continent. Seeing that they were forcefully removed from all over Africa, they can return to any part of Africa including Shashamane if they so choose.

Messages In This Thread

Should Rastas be thinking of repatriation NOW!
Re: Should Rastas be thinking of repatriation NOW!
Exodus NOW! To I n I father's ZION THRONE!
Repatriation the Question?
Re: Repatriation the Question?
Africa Is I and I Ancestors land?
Re: Repatriate now or face the consequences!
Re: Repatriation the Question?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com