Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: It seems like you are "caught in controdiction

Eja

I do not think your post was meant for me , nevertheless i will address it

"""It pains me to contradict what you 'know' but the terms I used are not my own 'idea and creation'. I heard a Senegalese Rasta describe himself as a 'Garvey Rasta' because he could not worship Haile Selassie as a God. That was all he said but it was enough to get me thinking and, responses like yours have proved that there is something in this. """

Rasta is a Movement and as such people and individual are at liberty to describe then self as the may chose , so you will find some calling thenself christian rasta , white rasta , islamic rasta ,progressive rasta , etc etc . As the movement becomes more and more international it will take on more and more permutations . All this will in some cases cause discomfort in those who try to stick to what is considered the true roots of Rasta . As i stated before the revoluntionary spirit of Garvey is alive and well on the continent , and many continentals will find difficulty with the religiosity of Rastafari of the west as it stands now .

What your post has shown or braught out is that the religiosity of the diasporian African of the west has already made Garvey , Selassie ,Prince Immanuel , Prophet gad , etc etc into part of a God-head worthy of worship , a direct copy of western christianity , in regards to the deification of Jesus and the many saints . Which is the very situation I am trying to bring to your attention .

It was your contention that there maybe a schism brewing in Rastafari between what you call "Garvey and Selassie " Rasta . The response you got was that no we see then all as part of the same God-head .I maybe mistaken but most of InI on this board are of the west if not by birth , then by way of thought or thinking .

There is no difference between Selassie and Garvey in their AIM , they may have disagreed on method , but they both work towards the same DESTINY . Any difference seen between them is our own fault , as we bring our literalistic thinking to these man works and writtings and fight to place then in an order of importance and hierarchy , which is still more westernization .

Messages In This Thread

The Bitter Truth
The Bitter Truth = The Truth!
Re: The Bitter Truth = The Truth!
Re: The Bitter Truth
Re: editorial addendum
It seems like you are "caught in controdiction"
i agree 100% *NM*
Bitter as a Kola Nut
Re: Bitter as a Kola Nut
The Bitter Truth needs no obfuscation
Re: The Bitter Truth needs no obfuscation
a prophet and a king acceptable for all

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com