Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: It seems like you are "caught in controdiction

yes honorable priest.
i should clarify what i meant. my response was more in regard to how the white/western world viewed His Majesty vs. Garvey. one they saw as a threat, one they did not. sadly, colourism and it's effects are felt within this movemant as well through ones who come in with out proper guidance and perspective of rastafari black legacy. for example it is unpalatable for many whites or those of mixed heritage who try to come into InI movemant to deal with Garvey's teachings. look at the Spear song "no one remember old marcus garvey". by removing Garvey they can just shout "one lov" and chant rastafari without fully understanding and without coming to the proper realization of history and justice which is a must for inity and peace. if ones remove Garvey and ONLY hold Haile Selassie in reverence then they are not recognizing the Hola trinity and are inadvertently removing those of darker skin from their view allowing some to still (whether subconciously or conciously) hold on to ideas of lighter is better, good skin vs. bad skin, good hair vs. bad hair. i think this does not lead to supporting those who suffer the most from racism, colourism and white supremacy, and instead perhaps continues the paternal condescension toward those most effected. i agree the message of Honorable Marcus and His Imperial Majesty are ONE. His Imperial Majesty IS the King of Kings the ONE worthy of highest praise, the most high JAH of which prophet Marcus spoke. yet as i think this thread recognizes, there are those who consider themselves a part of this movemant who do not hold that view of the Hola Trinity. what are some of the reasons that brother Bob is the Most recognized reggae artist in the world? would the same be so if he wasn't of mixed heritage? i think there is value and teachment in his being of mixed heritage but bring this up as it relates to the reasoning.(i do not mention Bob in order to soil his contribution, i hold him in great esteem and indeed one of the greatest prophets in InI culture). sorry for this long winded reply.

Messages In This Thread

The Bitter Truth
The Bitter Truth = The Truth!
Re: The Bitter Truth = The Truth!
Re: The Bitter Truth
Re: editorial addendum
It seems like you are "caught in controdiction"
i agree 100% *NM*
Bitter as a Kola Nut
Re: Bitter as a Kola Nut
The Bitter Truth needs no obfuscation
Re: The Bitter Truth needs no obfuscation
a prophet and a king acceptable for all

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com