Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: The Bitter Truth
In Response To: The Bitter Truth ()

Greetings Eja ,
now is the very first time i hear about this kind of categories ....garvey rasta and Selassie rasta .....do we really need this ?
where have you witnessed this two sides confront each other ?
caw from what i know , all a "Selassie" rastas come from a garvey perspective ......how can be different ? ? and why divide instead of inite ?

my questions are really to overstand of what you are talkin about .

anyway , there are some kinda things wich i&i would like to reason with the i .

"Why has the message of Marcus Garvey being co-opted by and subsumed within the message of Haile Sellasie? "

as you continue with your sound reasonin , you seem to have already the answer , but you seem not at ease with it since ..:

"For some, the crowning of Haile Selassie was a sign from above. But, consider this, there are hundreds of kingdoms in Africa and, in any one year, there must be at least two coronations."

but FIRST here we should say that NO OTHER African Nation was in power without foreign colonization . Ithiopia stood as the " Free Land " fe all africans that looked at Africa for inspiration . And that the same Ithiopia stand free from the beginnin of times ( genesis ) as the cradle of civilization ...

it is not about Selassie was more brown than black ....Eja it is about prophecies .
Do you think that for a european at that time Selassie I and His Family and all His people from Ithiopia were looked at like "whites" ? or less negro than the people who lived inna africa ?

the crowin of a black king it was not so strange ??
are you kiddin mi ?
Eja , after 400 years for black people in the diaspora it was really a MIRACLE , not strange !!!

And why suppose what has not happened if what could happen was ...IF /..... truth is , things went the way they went ....Jah act ina mysterious way .Does not make sense to make an opinion on the past based on a supposition ( if the things went this way and not that way )

Eja it seems like you site Garvey and Selassie in a way too contradictionary ..how can you seh Selassie stand not fe Africa fe Africans ??
HIM is founder and Father of the OUA .
HIM worked all His life with all HIS power to uplift africa and africans iverywhere .
Still you wanna make clear to everybody that Garvey only worked with black people for black people , while Selassie I is in total opposition , bringin confusion to the minds of rastamen and women .
Let me tell ya , nah confusion at all .
Confusion dwell in the minds and hearts of the people who is NOT rastafarian and a go a try to define Rasta .

listen to yourself :

"The Selassie Rasta is caught in a ontradiction; if they strictly follow Selassie, then thier congregation can include ones from all species."

What is RasTafari tenets ? basis ? spiritual journey ? all the teachings of this movement boils down to be: accept or not accept whites ????
this fe the Selassie Rasta ?!?
the contradiction you see is no contradiction at all .

"For a Garvey Rasta, there is no confusion. Africa for Africans, home and abroad. The Black Star rose to proclaim the rebirth of the Black nation."

if a Garvey is Rasta ...( really this i a strange reasonin higha , i am not incline to separate brothers and sisters on Garvey and Selassie ! ) ..
this mean he is takin his name from RAS TAFARI , a man crowned HAILE SELASSIE I , seen ? how can you see no contradiction if he do not stick to the One he take his name from ??

again , the truth is ....a non rastafarian should not try to define what something should be for others , while standin miles aways from their standin points , from the ground they are on .

and i am sayin this with all the tranquility and calm i got . i am no hungry nor uptied .
i hope you take this for what it is , simple considerations on a subject .

give thanks , and respect ,

mo'love

Messages In This Thread

The Bitter Truth
The Bitter Truth = The Truth!
Re: The Bitter Truth = The Truth!
Re: editorial addendum
It seems like you are "caught in controdiction"
Re: It seems like you are "caught in controdiction
i agree 100% *NM*
Bitter as a Kola Nut
Re: Bitter as a Kola Nut
The Bitter Truth needs no obfuscation
Re: The Bitter Truth needs no obfuscation
a prophet and a king acceptable for all

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com