HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: editorial addendum
In Response To: Re: editorial addendum ()

franksta forward ever , i love this one , your quote ,

"There is no separation between socio-politicalness of Rastafari and its spiritual-mystical essence . "

i was givin you my sense of how i witness people stand in this trod . It was my impression on the matter , not that i do like that even if i do have problem with politricks .
From what i hear here some people in the trod nah pray to His Majesty , nah have in special regard
Haile Selassie I , nah look at Him as the Messiah or Jah . If you leave this out where does it lie the spiritual path of RasTafari movement ??

"Rastafari deals with the totality of the human being ."

here i haf to agree !

"HIM is a man like us all , due to the circumstances of earth runnins ....."

i cannot agree here , for me HIM is already HIM at His birth , Him nah have to manifest nothing , He is being manifested HIMself . And dat was quite enuff .

"Once you have proven yourself able and capable , then you become "Earths Rightful Ruler , Jahs Representation and Divine Authority" .

here i can agree , as you put it , but i am no Jah , only HIS representation . What we all shall aspire to be .His good representation as His children . Still we got a Father .

"It is not a birthrite conferred on you because of the circumstances of your birth . This POWER is not passed on by holding a special scepter, by sitting on the throne of ethiopia, by wearing a crown or by bloodline- only by manifesting Jah's work are you able to achieve this authority ."

Man , here we are like opposite .
It is a birthrihgt .
Ok then what comes to my mind is ...
when HIM was crowned Negusa Neghesti , what exactly had He manifested to achieve that Authority ?
IT was for the lineage , fe the sceptre , fe Jah plan , for it was Ethiopia , that throne ...
that baby was awaited ....that likkle child was already Full of Authority .

"This I cannot deny , that maybe Howell saw HIM as Jah on earth , Which was contrary to his immediate mentors . Who instead saw him as a the focal point for the regrowth of Black pride and dignity ."

yes , and how the story continues it tells us something more , because many a go embrace the vision of Howell and focus on the divinity of His Majesty . Not in europe but right there in jamaica or in the usa .

"Maybe what Howell was seeing is the new messiah , to lead his people to freedom , for in HIM being a emperor the potential for this reality became real- here is a black man who rules an empire much like Moses and David , from who loins he springs , possessing and army and lands filled with untold riches . If he be the Messiah then it stands to reason that he is Jah on Earth just as the christians see Jesus as God on earth . All that was now needed was an EXODUS(repatriation) of the people to the promise land(ethiopia-the new Jerusalem-shsahmali) - a recreation of the biblical story , it must then be a divine revelation . "

main point , yes I . and from this all a come .

mo'love

Messages In This Thread

The Bitter Truth
The Bitter Truth = The Truth!
Re: The Bitter Truth = The Truth!
Re: The Bitter Truth
It seems like you are "caught in controdiction"
Re: It seems like you are "caught in controdiction
i agree 100% *NM*
Bitter as a Kola Nut
Re: Bitter as a Kola Nut
The Bitter Truth needs no obfuscation
Re: The Bitter Truth needs no obfuscation
a prophet and a king acceptable for all

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com