HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: It seems like you are "caught in controdiction

Thank you for the reasoning. Some have said the terms 'Selassie Rasta' and 'Garvey Rasta' are strange to them. That is because they are looking outside of themselves. They should take a very close look inside themselves and they would see the 'Selassie Rasta' and the 'Garvey Rasta'.

Like you said, these two are not in opposition. This is true where there is a proper balance, but unfortunately, some minds are so caught up in the worship of the Emperor that Marcus Garvey is more like a distant relative they vist once a year while Haile Selassie is in thier houses 365 days a year.

A man asked what right I had to speak on what Rastafari is. Hear this, every African-minded person has a right to define what a 'Back to Africa' movement is. Who ARE YOU to talk on what a back To Africa movement should be? DON'T GET IT TWISTED : RASTAFARI IS ABOUT THE REUNIFICATION OF THE AFRICAN HOMELAND AND ALL IT'S PEOPLE. If the movement that you are dealing with is just another 'rainbow coalition' that gathers to sing hymns and read verses, then take Marcus Garvey out of it. Admit what you are and define your intentions.

The 'Selassie Rasta' and the 'Garvey Rasta' are often one and the same person. I was not talking about two different people, I was talking about a line of thought that has affected some people who claim to venerate the Honourable Ancestor Marcus Mosiah Garvey. To my way of thinking, you show respect by holding firm to what the one before held firm to.

Wisdom and Strength.

YOU ARE VERY PRESUMEOUS.

OK WHAT ABOUT THE BOBO ASHANTI WHO HAIL, MARCUS GARVEY, PRINCE EMMANUEL, AND HAILE SELASSIE I, AS ONE GOD IN THREE PERSON, SO A BOBO IS SELASSIE I RASTA, MARCUS GARVEY RASTA, AND PRINCE EMMANUEL RASTA THEN FROM HOW YOU ARE REASONING.

EJA, I WILL NEVER CONCUR WITH YOUR OPINION OF SELASSIE I RASTA, AND GARVEY RASTA, NO SUCH THING, YOU FAIL TO SEE THE BLACK MAN BOTH MARCUS GARVEY, AND EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I ARE.

IT IS POST LIKE THIS THAT DIVIDE UP THE MOVEMENT CALLED RASTAFARI, NOTICE HOW YOU ARE QUICK TO QUOTE THE CONTEMPT MARCUS GARVEY HAD FOR THE EMPEROR, I SEE TWO BLACK MALES WHEN I SEE HAILE SELASSIE I AND MARCUS GARVEY, YOU USE THE TWO HEROS STATUS DEPENDING ON THEIR SHADE AND TRY TO MAKE THE RASTAFARI MOVEMENT LOOK STUPID, I CARE NOT FOR ANY FLESHES HONOUR WHEN THEY DISRESPECT EITHER MARCUS GARVEY OR THE EMPEROR.

THE FACT THAT YOU ARE PITTING MARCUS GARVEY AND THE EMPEROR OFF AGAINST EACH OTHER AS YOU DO SHOWS YOUR DISRESPECT FOR THE BOTH OF THEM REGARDLESS OF YOUR DEFINING THE COLOUR DIFFERENCE IN THE BOTH PERSONS.

WHAT BITTER TRUTH ARE YOU PRESENTING HERE? YOU ARE PRESENTING DIVISION IN THE RASTAFARI MOVEMENT, THERE ARE THOSE OF US WHO MIGHT JUST BE STUPID TO ENOUGH TO BUY INTO YOUR DEFINITION OF THE SOCALLED SELASSIE I RASTA, AND GARVEY RASTA, WHICH I KNOW THIS IS YOUR OWN IDEA AND CREATION CONCERNING USING WORDS AND DEFINITION.

I'M JUST RASTAFARI PERIOD BOTH HAILE SELASSIE I AND MARCUS GARVEY INSPIRE ME AND UPLIFT ME AND I'VE GOT NEWS FOR YOU I HAIL MARCUS GARVEY AS THE ALMIGHTY AS I SEE HIM AS THE FIRST MEMBER IN OUR TRINITY, IN THE HOUSE OF BOBO, PROPHET PRIEST AND KING, THE BOBO HAIL AS THE ALMIGHTY, SO BANG GOES YOUR IDEA OF MAN LOVING HAILE SELASSIE MORE THAN MOSIAH GARVEY.

MARCUS GARVEY SPEAKS ABOUT THE CRITICIZERS LIKE YOU EJA, YOU FEEL THIS POST CAN BREAK UP THE RASTAFARI MOVEMENT? YOU FEEL YOUR OPINION CAN STOP US FROM BOTH WORSHIPPING BOTH GARVEY AND THE EMPEROR FOR THE GREAT WORKS THEY HAVE DONE?

WHILE FRANKSTA, AND PatriotWarrior, MAY CONCUR WITH YOUR OPINION I DON'T, BECAUSE I DON'T DIVIDE UP THE PROPHET AND THE KING LIKE YOU DO, HOW IRONIC YOU USE THESE TWO GREAT PERSONS TO DEFINE YOUR OWN MADE CONCEPT OF SELASSIE I RASTA, AND MARCUS GARVEY RASTA, THAT DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE, HOW MANY RASTAS YOU EVER HEAR DEFINE THEMSELVES AS THIS? THEN YOU HAVE THE CHEEK TO SAY FLESH DON'T KNOW THEMSELVES OR ARE'NT LOOKING INTO THEMSELVES, ALL BECAUSE THEY DON'T AGREE WITH YOUR IDEA OF A SOCALLED BY YOU, SELASSIE I RASTA, AND GARVEY RASTA, THIS IS BOTH OFFENSIVE, AND RUDE, AS I VIEW MARCUS GARVEY AND EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I THE SAME IN SPIRIT, 360 DID SAY SUCH NOTIONS COULD CAUSE OFFENSE.

NO ONE KNOWS IT ALL, SO HOW DO YOU KNOW YOUR POST IS RIGHT? I'M JUST RASTAFARI PERIOD YOU CAN'T PUT ME INTO A CATEGORY OF SELASSIE I RASTA, AND MARCUS GARVEY RASTA, I WONT TAKE THAT NOT AT ALL.

THAT SAID I DON'T LOVE THIS POST, IT IS JUST ANOTHER POST THAT CALLS FOR THE DIVIDE AND RULE OF THE BLACK NATION, AND WORST THE RASTAFARI MOVEMENT, IF YOU CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY, GO AND ASK HIM YOURSELF IF HE WOULD BE WORSHIPING THE CREATOR AS THE RASTAFARI PERSON IS DOING NOW, INSTEAD OF RELYING ON A WHOLE HEAP OF BOOK KNOWLEDGE ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE SAID, HE SAID BAD ABOUT THE EMPEROR, AND THE RASTAFARI MOVEMENT.

WHILE MANY MAY FIND YOUR POST GOOD AND UPLIFTING I DON'T, AND THAT IS MY HONEST OPINION.

THAT SAID THIS IS MY HONEST OPINION FORREAL.

CHECK THIS STATEMENT.

DON'T GET IT TWISTED : RASTAFARI IS ABOUT THE REUNIFICATION OF THE AFRICAN HOMELAND AND ALL IT'S PEOPLE. If the movement that you are dealing with is just another 'rainbow coalition' that gathers to sing hymns and read verses, then take Marcus Garvey out of it. Admit what you are and define your intentions.

DID MARCUS GARVEY SING HYMNS IN THE UNIA OR NOT WHILE STILL DEFENDING LIBERATION AND REPATRIATION? IS NOT SINGING HYMNS AND GIVING REVERENCE TO THE CREATOR PART OF THE LIBERATION STRUGGLE, WAS NOT THE ANTHEM RASTAFARI PERSONS SING CREATED AND INSPIRED BY MARCUS GARVEY.

MOSIAH GARVEY, WAS A SPIRITUAL AND PRACTICAL MAN YOU WANT TO READ THE THE GOOD SPEECH MARCUS MAKE'S ABOUT SINGING HYMNS AND CHORUSES, IF YOU DON'T LIKE TO SING, PRAY, AND CHANT AS PART OF THE LIBERATION STRUGGLE, DON'T KNOCK WHO DOES.

MANY GREAT LIBERATORS, CRAFT MAN AND WOMAN, LOVED TO SING AND CHANT AS THEY WENT ABOUT THEIR DAILY DUTIES.

MOSIAH GARVEY IS A MASTER BUILDER, AND VISIONARY, AND HE IS THE GREATEST PROPHET EVER BORN FROM THE WOMB OF A WOMAN, AND I HAVE MARCUS'S PHOTO RIGHT NEXT TO THE EMPEROR'S AND PRINCE EMMANUEL'S, YOU BRUSH EVERYONE WITH THE SAME BRUSH THATS NOT RIGHT.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO A BOBO NYAHBINGHI AND EVER HEAR ONE OF THE PRIEST CHANT AND SAY MOST HIGH GOD MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI, ANY RASTAFARI EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE IS, SO IS MARCUS GARVEY SEEN EJA, THATS WHY I DON'T APPROVE YOUR POST BECAUSE I NEVER FORGOT OLD MARCUS GARVEY, AND I EVER CHANT HIS NAME DAILY, AND RECOGNIZE HIS WORKS DAILY, NOT JUST AS A MERE PROPHET AND NATIONAL HERO, BUT AS THE ALMIGHTY GOD THE PROPHET IN FLESH.

ANYWAY YOU HAVE STRENGTHENED MY FAITH MORE IN MOSIAH GARVEY, FOR YOU CAN'T BOX ME UP AND THINK YOU KNOW HOW CERTAIN PEOPLE SEE GARVEY, YOU POST YOUR POST WITH A CONVICTION LIKE YOU KNOW THIS IS THE COURSE RASTAFARI IS TAKING.

ANYWAY SORRY TO DISAPOINT YOU, BUT I DO NOT FIT NONE OF THE NOTIONS, OR CATEGORIES, YOU HAVE PRESENTED HERE.

THAT SAID ONE HEART OF BLACK DIVINE LOVE THROUGH THE VOICE OF THE PROPHET JOHN THE BAPTIST MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY I, SELAH SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI,
MY LORD AND BLESSED PROPHET.

ALL BLESSING AND ALL BLEST.
I AM HON KES AA ADOFO.

Messages In This Thread

The Bitter Truth
The Bitter Truth = The Truth!
Re: The Bitter Truth = The Truth!
Re: The Bitter Truth
Re: editorial addendum
It seems like you are "caught in controdiction"
i agree 100% *NM*
Bitter as a Kola Nut
Re: Bitter as a Kola Nut
The Bitter Truth needs no obfuscation
Re: The Bitter Truth needs no obfuscation
a prophet and a king acceptable for all

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com