Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: It seems like you are "caught in controdiction

Adofo
your quote
"""WHILE FRANKSTA, AND PatriotWarrior, MAY CONCUR WITH YOUR OPINION I DON'T, BECAUSE I DON'T DIVIDE UP THE PROPHET AND THE KING LIKE YOU DO, HOW IRONIC YOU USE THESE TWO GREAT PERSONS TO DEFINE YOUR OWN MADE CONCEPT OF SELASSIE I RASTA, AND MARCUS GARVEY RASTA, """
my quote
"""I think the situation you are trying to elucidate and address is not so much "Garvey" or "Selassie " Rasta but the slow Christianization of Rastafari which will eventually lead to the westernization of Rastafari """

I recognized in Eja post a ongoing shityuation in Rastafari , that I believe he was trying to flesh out , not that agreed wholly with the way or the words he used , but that believe i saw something akin to what he was saying , albeit from a different perspective . Much like how Paul's interpretation of Jesus teachings differ from Peter's , so it is that ethiopian orthodxy is different from catholicism .

The question then becomes which is closer to the teaching of Jesus.... Peter's or Paul's interpretation ?

The movement that is now known as Rastafari was founded on the principles of Garveyism-this none can deny . Within the principles of Garveyism , there is no mention of the worshipping or deification of HIM-hence this was introduce when the when the Ethiopian Zionist and Poku Revivalist began to infuse the movement with christain like ideas .These are the three branches from which Rastafari sprang

First and foremost Garveyism and black nationalism

second Ethiopian Zionism

Third Pokumina Rivavalism(jump-up)

What is happening now is that the Revivalism and the Zionism is steping to the forefront of the movement , which are both the most religious and westernize subsections of the movements roots .

REVIVALISM- Mystical revelations , all things are in the hand of Jah , the return of the saviour is real and coming .Personality cultic reverence , miracleous happenings are real and only Jah can allow then . what is to be is the will of JAH , prayer ,dance and chantings , ganja use ,trance like occurances etc etc....

Zionism- We are chosen , special and above all others ,Jah reside in Ethiopia ,we are his people
return to the old ways , Liviticus type living repatriation , the King of ethiopia is chosen by Jah , hence his special divinity , Rasta is earth rightful ruler proclaim by Jah , whorship the king of Zion -ethiopia .we are the first etc etc ....

Revivalism is the Africanization of european belief in mysticism (which is a corruption of the African original form)which puts GOd in heaven as father and ruler , seperate from man .

Ziomism is westernize Judaism in african garb/dress/garments

This not complete nor does it mean it is only belong to one subset , just that this is where the major emphasis is coming from- they have all become one .

Messages In This Thread

The Bitter Truth
The Bitter Truth = The Truth!
Re: The Bitter Truth = The Truth!
Re: The Bitter Truth
Re: editorial addendum
It seems like you are "caught in controdiction"
i agree 100% *NM*
Bitter as a Kola Nut
Re: Bitter as a Kola Nut
The Bitter Truth needs no obfuscation
Re: The Bitter Truth needs no obfuscation
a prophet and a king acceptable for all

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com