Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: It seems like you are "caught in controdiction

sabbah
Honour

Thank you for the reasoning. Some have said the terms 'Selassie Rasta' and 'Garvey Rasta' are strange to them. That is because they are looking outside of themselves. They should take a very close look inside themselves and they would see the 'Selassie Rasta' and the 'Garvey Rasta'.

Like you said, these two are not in opposition. This is true where there is a proper balance, but unfortunately, some minds are so caught up in the worship of the Emperor that Marcus Garvey is more like a distant relative they vist once a year while Haile Selassie is in thier houses 365 days a year.

A man asked what right I had to speak on what Rastafari is. Hear this, every African-minded person has a right to define what a 'Back to Africa' movement is. Who ARE YOU to talk on what a back To Africa movement should be? DON'T GET IT TWISTED : RASTAFARI IS ABOUT THE REUNIFICATION OF THE AFRICAN HOMELAND AND ALL IT'S PEOPLE. If the movement that you are dealing with is just another 'rainbow coalition' that gathers to sing hymns and read verses, then take Marcus Garvey out of it. Admit what you are and define your intentions.

The 'Selassie Rasta' and the 'Garvey Rasta' are often one and the same person. I was not talking about two different people, I was talking about a line of thought that has affected some people who claim to venerate the Honourable Ancestor Marcus Mosiah Garvey. To my way of thinking, you show respect by holding firm to what the one before held firm to.

Wisdom and Strength.

Messages In This Thread

The Bitter Truth
The Bitter Truth = The Truth!
Re: The Bitter Truth = The Truth!
Re: The Bitter Truth
Re: editorial addendum
It seems like you are "caught in controdiction"
i agree 100% *NM*
Bitter as a Kola Nut
Re: Bitter as a Kola Nut
The Bitter Truth needs no obfuscation
Re: The Bitter Truth needs no obfuscation
a prophet and a king acceptable for all

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com