HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Where is a mixed person roots from???

Hail Diyouth,

Pray all is well, it's been a while since I have seen you around these parts.

Have a question about your comments:

"considering these both, it does not mean that the issues that face black people will not be addressed or be deprived of attention...but provides a well-rounded faculty to tackle life's struggles."

Based on several of your posts in the past, I gained the perception that you, basically, felt that, spiritually speaking, some of the issues that black people face do not affect you. (Please correct me where I am wrong in this). By this I mean, I have noted that you have said that racism, for instance, can not affect you to the extent that, in your opinion, you are born free. Thus another's person's perception of you can not harm you, can not make you a prisoner or make you free; as it it Jah who gives life itself. I have also noted that you have said that even death, in this case by reason of a heinous racial crime for instance, can not affect you as a truly free man overcome even death itself.

So racism, for instance, is just "another excuse".

I would ask, if all of the above is accurate, in your opinion, what would be the point of addressing black issues, if they do not really affect a man/woman "naturally" on a higher spiritual basis?

I ovas that you have had bad experiences with cops, etc. So, it seems that this is not what you are referring to.

Also, what do you say if you are in a "hypothetical" movement which slowly turns into a movement made up on ones who do not see the issues, that black people face, as relevant? What do you do with a "fellow-member of this movement" who does not agree that problems you (as an individual and as part of a racial group) encounter even exists?

guidance
africanempresss

Messages In This Thread

Where is a mixed person roots from???
Where is a mixed person roots from?... AFRIKA!!!!!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com