HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Where is a mixed person roots from???

Greetings Edmundo,

I have several questions for you. Firstly, why should Ras Q's brother be reminded that he is white????? Dont you think he and others know this already? Doesnt he know the womb that bore him? Of course! What is the relevance of reminding him that he is white if he has chosen to identify with being an AFRIKAN? Contrary to popular "feel good" beleifs, those of "mixed" heritage DO NOT RECEIVE THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. Trust me, whites will be the first to overtly or covertly remind you that you are NOT "pure" white. And before the next one jumps in saying "well Black people will also remind one of mixed heritage that they are not "pure" black", personally speaking, I overstand that reaction alot better, because of the racist society we live in, because of WHITE SKIN PRIVILEDGE, because those of "mixed" heritage get catered to more so than our darker skinned brothahz/sistahz, a sense of DISTRUST and SUSPICION naturally arizes out of that situation. When a white person reminds you that you are not fully white he/she does so to REMIND YOU OF YOUR PLACE. When a brothah or sistah does so, generally speaking, it is to TEST where your loyalties are. Unlike the white folx's reaction, it is not to remind you that you HAVE NO PLACE AMONG THEM (not fully anyway) but instead to find out WHERE YOU STAND. To me, there's a big difference, not to mention that as a COLLECTIVE, the Afrikan Nations have accepted, loved, protected, suckled and defended their own (even mixed) to a much GREATER DEGREE than white folx.

You mention that Bob was also an "english man". He came from an english man, but trust me, the QUeen of England, should Bob have wanted to marry her daughter, would not have considered him a "good blue-blooded english man" worthy of her daughter's hand in marriage.

Ya feel me?

ROOTS

Messages In This Thread

Where is a mixed person roots from???
Where is a mixed person roots from?... AFRIKA!!!!!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com