Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Bantu Keilani, you are so right

Greetings Bantu,

Let me first mention that I replied to you (directly) in the post before MAINLY because I couldn’t decipher your meaning in me -- [i.e.PatriotWarrior] -- “trying to please both parties”, but then adding that what you yourself are doing is to [Quote] “try my best to uplift those blacks that care for continentals struggle …”[End quote]. What blacks are you trying to uplift that "care for continentals struggle" (if I may ask)?! I found this somewhat self-ish of you ... Why put my identity in that, if I may ask? Do you really need to mention me, or to make such an OVERTLY unfair and unbalanced comparison, just so that you can make your point felt? … Or could you explain to me what you really meant by such a biting comparison? … But there we are again: Divisions …

You see, Sister, you must remember that I address diverse issues and have a right to that. Indeed, this is evident in the diversity of issues I address, have so far addressed, choose to address, or the way I choose to address them, INCLUDING continental Afrikan issues. I am not Bantu Kelani, and sometimes we just have to appreciate our differences, agreeing that we disagree, that we can differ, and then find what binds us together, to sort out those differences, instead of fishing for things that keep dividing us even farther, instead of ‘selectively attacking’ by comparing, “digging and digging” deeper, instead of building: as if we’re fighting over something … I ask you: What Continental Afrikan issues have you addressed on this board, Bantu Kelani, that you didn’t see me voice my opinion on, supporting you in fact?! Honestly, I find this unfair of you, to say the least … If, on the other hand , you consider your duty to address only Continental issues, then that’s your duty and not mine.

No, Bantu, you make the same mistake in your last post, replying to me. It would appear to me that you generalize too much about Diaspora Afrikans (and you even try to “squeeze” me into that, I think) ... What will it bring you here, where people are not even “that average Diaspora Afrikan” you seem to know in the walks of everyday American life? I thought we were all here to learn of course, but of course also to ‘forge’ alliances, to break down walls, instead of tearing bridges apart. Don’t you just see that? You said you agree, in principle, with my views about Continental Afrikans, which I understand; indeed, every thinking Afrikan knows it’s like that ... However, I still find your analyses of Afrikan civil society generally lacking, almost biased: you seem to miss out on many issues, issues that don’t even necessarily have to concern Diaspora Afrikans nor are caused by Diaspora Afrikans. Many issues in Afrika could be resolved by native Afrikans themselves, if only they weren’t brainwashed or mis-educated. But I’m always seeing you writing so much ONLY about Diasporans being brainwashed and Diasporans being this and that; sure, you’re right (in part), but what about we ourselves, the native Afrikans???! Are we not equally brainwashed then? …

Which brings me back to where I started: *Divisions* …

This issue is simply about Divisions, and I addressed these issues in my first post, replying to Masimba’s posting of your article. Let me tell you: Masimba misused your article, in case you didn’t know, to further sow his seeds of discord, for he appears to enjoy that by now. I am not that naïve to be fooled by the likes of Mr Masimba Musodza (or whatever he’s really called). There is simply no sequence in him at all, no coherence … To me, he is just an insolent trouble maker; period! Not that your article has no substance; it’s just the “timing” Masimba chose, and the fact that it comes from Masimba, who, to me, is not even pan-Afrikan, nor has he ever shown me here that he honestly defends the interests of any Afrikans anywhere. He seems to defend only his arrogant Zimbabwean self!! He isn’t community-oriented or consensus-oriented; he’s just a bully and a fake, but a very weak one at that (as far as I am concerned)! That’s my honest opinion. In addition, I can’t see why Masimba, who is always too showy and (apparently) likes boasting about his ‘Queen’s English’, would pick a post of yours, instead of one that he crafted himself; don’t you really see that Masimba just used your post deviously? Because I would really love to see the both of you scream and shout at each other about His excellency Robert Mugabe!! I’ll wait for that … I guess I would have the last, loud laugh!! …

(After all, Masimba has so far quarrelled with many people here, carefree, Afrikans … and he has even insulted many people on this board so far, including the owners of these sites!)

~~~~~~~~~~

To answer you further, I’ll re-quote my first post -- (replying to your own that Masimba posted) -- to make my point clearer:

“I wonder what motivates people to GENERALISE and break up that struggle into too many shattered pieces. Sure, there are millions of insensitive Diaspora-bred Afrikans/Blacks, but so also are there MILLIONS of insensitive Afrikan-born and -bred Afrikans/Blacks right here in the Diaspora. The same is even MORE TRUE for MILLIONS of educated and well-bred Afrikans/Blacks right there on the continent of Afrika (some of whom even have first-hand knowledge of the ‘international scene’, such as those who have studied or lived overseas) …

We must NEVER forget the impact of Diaspora Afrikans on the political liberation of Continental Afrika: I think of Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King etc, and my point becomes obvious ... To therefore negate these factors is generally unfair and lacking, in my view, and to forget the apathy & selfishness of Continental Afrikans themselves is even more unfair …

In general, black people have very big problems wherever they live in this world. They don’t only have material problems, but have divisional problems in their societal and economic structures as well, in their collective psyche, in all walks of life: i.e. all along the long way from the bedroom to the boardroom ... Most black people in Afrika are more brainwashed and generally misinformed or under-informed … but I think the very powerful middle- & upper-class Afrikan minority in Afrika are DELIBERATELY egoistic and egocentric, and also self-misinformed (by the white and black-white media, which they ape): they choose to care for themselves more than for the communities they rule; they are, therefore, even more brainwashed … They abuse their power …

… I think to separate these two struggles is a big mistake, as long as one looks at The Bigger Picture. These struggles must complement and not contradict one another, for them to be won …”

~~~~~~~~~

“Most times, it is not what you say that matters, but HOW you say it!”

Regards!

P.W.

Messages In This Thread

Bantu Keilani, you are so right
Re: seen. *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com