HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Bantu Keilani, you are so right

Listen after debating many Diasporians I get they don’t want continentals to mingle in their affairs. I am what you might call a Nationalist Continental African; this is not what I always been as given the passionate view for Pan-Africanism for both the continentals and the Diasporians you read in my old piece posted by brother Masimba Musodza in the initiate post. But how can I dismiss my recurring experience, are they irrelevant? As I get older I am struck seeing different views and realizing I am straight continental among Diasporians.. To tell the truth we are different it’s not an insult, and it seems many Diasporians see continentals as naïve, and dirty, poor, ugly, and and savages who live in trees and chase lions.. On the other hand many continentals view Diasporians through a very condescending light. For many continentals (who come to the West at least) Diasporans are lazy, ignorant, and criminals who use slavery as an excuse to severed form continentals. How can I dismiss both perspectives? At this point, how can we expect each party should come to rescue of the other?

Pan-Africanism really suffer form the effects of both colonialism and slavery within the black race and the feeling of self-hate. So I think nothing in Pan-Africanism today will shape or take form in African minds. As we know self-hate wreaks havoc Diasporian community and continental community, brother Patriot Warrior say so too. Thus I don’t believe in failure anymore, I believe for continentals to succeed having trust in themselves, then the Black Word Unity will happen if we get over our own self degradation. For my part I’d rather fight for education rather than the ideal of Pan-Africanism. I now personally focus more on the continent of Africa. After all, I think it very hard for Diasporians to really have pride in our motherland when it is in shambles. They forward black pride in their own countries and I fight for the rise of black continental people in Congo and in Africa. It‘s clear that the success and unity of Africans today is very difficult and I don’t have much genius ideas to champion this cause for now.

I am not brother Patriot Warrior trying to please both parties, I just try my best to uplift those blacks that care for continentals struggle...and sorry if my posts sound immature or selfish, but as I said before, I just have bad experiences reasoning with too many Diasporians...

B.K

Messages In This Thread

Bantu Keilani, you are so right
Re: seen. *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com