HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Bantu Keilani, you are so right

Brother Masimba Musodza, I see you repost an old piece of mine, I am very flattered that you consider my opinions worthy. But you have to know that I’ve come to the realization there is a big difference between self-claimed “Afrocentrists” and “Pan-Africanists.” I have been debating with Diasporian Africanists or black Nationalists form many countries for about a month continually. I found out most of them know almost nothing about Africa, and continental peoples, some even nothing about black militancy, they were never been taught.

I begged them to put their money where their mouth are about Africa, and continentals Africans, but they are still in no position to decide what is the priority about Africa, or what "Pan-Africanism" means. They say they want to be confined to the Diaspora because Diasporians have their own problems. They say, only continentals in Africa can save Africa! That we, continentals, should not expect African people from other countries to help us do a damn thing for Africa, because they say, not even Afro-Brazilians who suffer great oppression expect help from outside, for the simple fact they know that other oppressed Africans are catching hell from where they are. I am quoting properly these Diasporians I debated on other boards, I am not misquoting...

So I’m not going to continue to expect the "Afrocentric Diasporians" to wear the crux of continentals. If anything they owe us the truth of their feelings towards us continentals, nothing else. These Diasporians claim that if we criticize them we, continentals, see a problem with them. I have bad experiences debating them! I think they are not even hypocritical as they never claimed to be “Pan-Africanists” in the first place. While not caring for the struggle of continental Africans at all, they are just being opportunistic using continentals’ culture and traditions. Nuff said.

B.K

Messages In This Thread

Bantu Keilani, you are so right
Re: seen. *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com