HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Bantu Keilani, you are so right

People are subject to time and place , as such will make decisions base on the content of the information given them about a particular situation .Considering that even the people involve in the current situation often times cannot agree as to what exactly the situation is . We diasporians who get the information from one or both parties , must make a decision based on already perjudice information . Having our own historical life and living conditon as a frame of reference . We bring to the situation our own set of prejuduces . It is through this prism that we must make a decision about our mother land .

If perchance our attempts at helping may not be in agreement with what you see as the answer . Remember that we are limited by the information we have and our life experience . To bridge this gap it is important to remain open to our understanding of the situation in order for you to best project your own understanding to us-and vice-versa . If this level of basic understanding is not reach no true exchange of knowledge and opinion will take place .

Speaking as a diasporian , there is much more , than what i am already doing for Africa , that i would like to do . This desire I must balance with living here in the west . So if I seemed distracted , I am . Nevertheless my desire is in no way diminish , just curtailed to the available reputable avenues of expression in my time ands place . The more avenues of expression the more i will be able to help .

Any suggestions ?

What is priority about Africa right now ?

What does pan-africanist mean to you ?

Personally i see the struggles of the continental African and the diasporian as one and the same indivisible and forever linked . Because of this I believe that your culture and traditions are mine , though I may not remember them fully or have develop some changes of my own along the way , we are African

How do you define African ?

When you say romantic philosophies could you explain by way of an example ?

Are you saying that our fears base western news reports of political instability and corruption are unwarranted ?

When you say political and ecomonic investment could you give and example of what you mean by both terms ?

BY way of example what do you see as one of the main roots to the solution of one of Africas problems ?

I support a small organization called OID(Organization for International Development)that mostly uses the money it collects to provide school building ,books and fresh water to small villages far from the cities . I support this organization because i know the people involve and can always reach out to anyone of the principals , this easy rapport has develop in me a lot of trust in them and their goals .

I know i have ask a lot please answer at your liesure , looking forward to your response .
irie

Messages In This Thread

Bantu Keilani, you are so right
Re: seen. *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com