Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Bantu Keilani, you are so right

Greetings Bantu,

Thanks for that reply (though not directed at me).

I try to understand what you are saying, but of course I don’t agree with everything you say, or how you say it … I think you also miss one point. The thing I miss from you is mention/acceptance of the fact that MILLIONS of ‘privileged’ and so-called privileged Continental Afrikans (at home and abroad!!!) are apathetical and don’t just give a damn about Afrika’s problems: I know tens of them here in Germany who’re like that, whose only concern is money and girls, who also steal, cheat, drink beer like fishes the whole day long, then dance away the nights … and are always fussing and fighting among themselves -- (usually over money and white girls) -- where they live here in Germany! … You said in one of your posts, I think, that you once lived in Germany. Where? I’m sure, therefore, that you did experience such negativities among such confused Continental Afrikans (perhaps even over there in Texas, USA) … but at least in some Afrikan ‘communities’ here in Germany. Sorry that I mention this, but Nigerians, for example, are generally NOT trusted in Germany and are known as crooks, by both whites and foreigners, including fellow blacks, including fellow Nigerians. I personally have been told by Nigerians that they trust me more than they would trust their fellow Nigerians, simply because I’m not a Nigerian! This is true indeed!!! There have been stunning crime syndicates unravelled by the police here in Germany, involving hordes of Continental Afrikans, or sometimes Nigerians, which would embarrass any clear-thinking Afrikan here. Do you think such criminals care about Afrikan politics at all? … Of course we are not all crooks, WE, The Afrikans, ... but I know that Nigerians -- in particular -- have this very bad reputation in many other parts of the world also, even in Afrika, even in Zambia! But I FOR ONE WON’T generalize and think every Nigerian is like that, being black myself, though that appears to be the reputation that has been earned for them by those few/many who’re recklessly criminal among them (at least here in Europe!). I must also add that Zambians could also have earned themselves a specific negative reputation elsewhere, somewhere, that I may not know about; but I wouldn’t care so much as to take it personal!… In general, I know plenty of cases of such despicable behaviour patterns among Continental Afrikans … Why don’t you, Bantu Kelani, also stress this negativity emanating from Continentals themselves? Seriously, how can we expect other people -- whether white or fellow black or yellow or blue or Diaspora Afrikans -- to take us seriously when we can’t even live among ourselves here in the developed world, when some of us can’t even be politically sensitive enough and collectively patriotic: when all that most of us can think about is personal enrichment, the fast dollar, and not the collective good of Afrika? So why heap the whole blame on the apathy of Diaspora-born Afrikans, when you hardly mention the many, many problems of character that native Afrikans exhibit in their attitudes?

Have you never experienced this general negativity in native Afrikans before, those both Home and abroad?

Another cynical example of just how an Afrikan can really fail to see the *collective* good of his people -- in this world of International Power Politics -- is Masimba Musodza’s very cynical views about the Zimbabwean Government and the Land Dilemma there (ESPECIALLY *THE CYNICAL WAY* HE ADDRESSES -- *OR DOES NOT ADDRESS* -- THOSE ISSUES); I ask you: Do you yourself, Bantu Kelani, share his views -- or non-views -- about the Zimbabwean government’s Land redistribution efforts (and its partial failures so far)?? Come clear on that, then I’ll know we’re beginning to talk, if you call yourself a Nationalist Continental Afrikan (or Nationalist Congolese or whatever)!

Whom do you care more for: only the Congolese people or French-speaking Afrikans or all Afrikans, or all Afrikans are the same, irrespective of their nationality (according to you)???!

Regards!

Messages In This Thread

Bantu Keilani, you are so right
Re: seen. *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com