Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Bantu Keilani, you are so right

Here is my brief outlook:

I think the struggle of Afrikans/Blacks -- (or peoples of Afrikan descent) -- is basically the SAME worldwide, and I wonder what motivates people to GENERALISE and break up that struggle into too many shattered pieces. Sure, there are millions of insensitive Diaspora-bred Afrikans/Blacks, but so also are there MILLIONS of insensitive Afrikan-born and -bred Afrikans/Blacks right here in the Diaspora. The same is even MORE TRUE for MILLIONS of educated and well-bred Afrikans/Blacks right there on the continent of Afrika (some of whom even have first-hand knowledge of the ‘international scene’, such as those who have studied or lived overseas). I think, as franksta has said, that it’s mainly due to the cultures, information, disinformation & misinformation most people are exposed to (and how these things are exposed to them) that this insensitivity is there: i.e. it has to do, in part at least, with how and where (concerned) Afrikans were born and are raised. [Here, I mean ‘information’ to be interchangeable with ‘education’ and ‘culture’] …

We must NEVER forget the impact of Diaspora Afrikans on the political liberation of Continental Afrika: I think of Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King etc, and my point becomes obvious ... To therefore negate these factors is generally unfair and lacking, in my view, and to forget the apathy & selfishness of (at least the MILLIONS of educated, middle-class & upper-class, capitalistic) Continental Afrikans themselves -- (i.e. the connivance of these classes of self-centred, apathetical Afrikans who’ve sold out the people’s power & interests to the interests and super-power of foreigners, at the expense of their people) -- is even more unfair. In Afrika, MOST people have this funny materialism in them that is both disturbing and dangerous, but I would not blame them ONLY on condition that they’re not really internationally exposed enough to picture the internationality of the suffering of Afrikan peoples (worldwide). This does not mean that they have to be exonerated from their stupid compliance in the gradual killing of the Afrikan race.

In general, black people have very big problems wherever they live in this world. They don’t only have material problems, but have divisional problems in their societal and economic structures as well, in their collective psyche: i.e. all along the long way from the bedroom to the boardroom ... Most black people in Afrika are more brainwashed and generally misinformed or under-informed (i.e. especially the poor majority, most of whom are even illiterate, couldn’t even afford a radio, a telephone, a TV, a PC/computer etc), but I think the very powerful middle- & upper-class Afrikan minority in Afrika (or the “ruling class”) are DELIBERATELY egoistic and egocentric, and also self-misinformed (by the white and black-white media, which they ape): they choose to care for themselves more than for the communities they rule (e.g. through corruption); they are, therefore, even more brainwashed … They abuse their power. They are deliberately selfish … On the other hand, ‘average’ Blacks -- [or Afrikans, as I call them] -- in the Diaspora may comparatively have a minimal form of economic advantage over the common Afrikan back home in Afrika, but they don’t have any meaningful economic power, let alone political power. Of course some are also brainwashed! These blacks are automatically less well-informed about Afrika (by the white media they follow) in that they generally have another background and experience, grew up in another culture and usually have their own many hurdles to jump in this material world: small wonder they generally detach themselves from Afrika’s many man-made disasters …

But I think to separate these two struggles is a big mistake, as long as one looks at The Bigger Picture. These struggles must complement and not contradict one another for them to be won! We must always carry on the work left over by our forebears, as the struggle is long and is not short!!

Messages In This Thread

Bantu Keilani, you are so right
Re: seen. *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com