Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: *PLEASE EXPAND ON AFRICA'S JEWS!*

Greetings Ras Heru

This is the problem that I was highlighting, these organisations are bent on liberating BLACK PEOPLE, we are bent on liberating PEOPLE. Rastafari is for people, it is a Black culture, but it is for people.The reason people reject is racial- the idea that it is Africa that is now the centre of the Hebraic world as revealed in the Kebra Naghast is too much for those of us- black and white- who are still enslaved by the picture of Cesair Borgias, the White Jesus.

I have dealt with these organisations, I have read their literature and I am of the view that they are not what we need if we are to take our rightful plcae in the world.

I did not say I recognise Rastafari as a sect of Judaism. I only said I do not have a problem with those writers who classify it as such- this is how I would classify it if I had only heard of Judaism before and then came across a people that won't eat certain foods, keep their beard long etc.

Did Judaism come to Africa or vice-versa? Well, that depends on how you would see it. The Book of Acts reveals that Moses learnt all the wisdom of the Egyptians. Indeed, after the return from captivity, the Jews sent a delegation to Egypt to get books for the rebuilding of the Library. But the Kebra Naghast reveals to us that the Judaic system of the Solomonic time was transplanted from Jerusalem to Ethiopia, making us the heirs of the promise of Israel. This means that if you accept this, you are part of this Israel, regardless of your lineage.

Yes, I know where these organisations are coming from. Blacks have suffered slavery, colonialism etc over the past few centuries. But we must remember that it has not always been like that, and it will not always be like that. That is why I said Rastafari is for people, meaning that it will continue to have relevance to us even when neo-colonialism has been dealt a final blow.

I do not know of any Rastafarian that rejects the Bible. Even our staunchest critics have marvelled at the depth of our knowledge of the Bible.

Give praise always.

Messages In This Thread

*PLEASE EXPAND ON AFRICA'S JEWS!*
The Elder Douglas Mack says Study your Bible!
Re: The Elder Douglas Mack says Study your Bible!
rasta and the resistance
Re: rasta and the resistance
Give Thanks Masimba!
Re: Give Thanks Masimba!
truth *NM*
oops
paradise lost and found?
'Rastafari is not matriarchial?
Re: 'Rastafari is not matriarchial?
Re:Papyrus *LINK*
Re:Papyrus
LoL
Re: LoL
Selassie I Live and Iyah360

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com