Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: LoL
In Response To: Re: LoL ()

"Vignette (From the Papyrus of Nu, Sheet 24)

The steward of the overseer of the seal, Nu, whose word is truth, begotten of the steward of the overseer of the seal, Amen-hetep, whose word is truth, saith:- Hail, ye Four Apes who sit in the bows of the Boat of Ra, who convey truth to Nebertcher, who sit in judgment on the oppressed man and on [his] oppressor, who make the gods to be contented by means of the flame of your mouths, who offer holy offerings to the gods, and sepulchral meals to the Spirit-souls, who live upon truth, and who feed upon truth of heart, who are without deceit and fraud, and to whom wickedness is an abomination, do ye away with my evil deeds, and put ye away my sins [which deserved stripes upon earth, and destroy ye every evil thing which appertaineth to me], and let there be no obstacle whatsoever on my part towards you. O grant ye that I may make my way through the Amehet, let me enter into RASTA, let me pass through the hidden pylons of Ament. O grant that there may be given unto me shens cakes, and ale, and persen cakes, even as to the living Spirit-souls, and grant that I may enter into and come forth from RASTA.

[The Four Apes make answer, saying]: Come thou, for we have done away with thy wickedness, and we have put away thy sin, along with thy sins upon earth which deserved stripes, and we have destroyed every evil thing which appertained to thee upon earth. Enter, therefore, unto RASTA, and pass through the hidden pylons of Amentet, and there shall be given unto thee shens cakes, and ale, and persen cakes, and thou shalt come forth and shalt enter in at thy desire, even as do those who are favoured [of the God], and thou shalt be called [to partake of offerings] each day in the horizon."

- from "The Egyptian Book of the Dead
1240 BC
THE PAPYRUS OF ANI
Translated by E.A. Wallis Budge"

This is the place one can only enter after one has dealt and done away with all sins. One can only enter when the judges find no sin in one - this is only done when one can live up as close as possible to the 42 "negative confessions" which are the origin of the 10 commandments in the O.T.

Messages In This Thread

*PLEASE EXPAND ON AFRICA'S JEWS!*
Re: *PLEASE EXPAND ON AFRICA'S JEWS!*
The Elder Douglas Mack says Study your Bible!
Re: The Elder Douglas Mack says Study your Bible!
rasta and the resistance
Re: rasta and the resistance
Give Thanks Masimba!
Re: Give Thanks Masimba!
truth *NM*
oops
paradise lost and found?
'Rastafari is not matriarchial?
Re: 'Rastafari is not matriarchial?
Re:Papyrus *LINK*
Re:Papyrus
LoL
Selassie I Live and Iyah360

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com