HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Sloppy Criticisms of Zimbabwe Elections

"Like I said, we do not need the attitude displayed by so-called Pan Afrikanist Blacks in the West. I for one will never forget this. I think it is just pure evil for any Rastafarian to praise an African leader who himself has publicly expressed his dislike of Rastafarians. It's like a Muslim in Pakistan praising Sharon or a Jew in America praising Hitler.

Obviously there is something seriously wrong with the personality cult syndrome that has come to characterise the Pan African Movement and is reducing it to a jester of itself."

Masimba Musodza, you asked what I meant when I said you were heaping insults on Black people living in the West, then you said I was lumping people in one basket. The quote above is from one of your postings and I hope it deals with the question and the statement.

I am Yoruba and unfortunately, I do not understand the meaning of the last thing you wrote. I will find out though because I have Zimbabwean friends and I will ask one of them to interpret.

What I understand is your attitude, it is one that I have come across in some Africans; it is based on this belief that no one except those who live on a piece of soil have the right to make any pronouncements on what happens on that piece of soil. Yes, I agree that the problems of Zimbabwe will ultimately be solved by Zimbabweans but you cannot expect that other Africans will not have strong opinions on what is going on. Some of these opinions are formed from a different perspective and though they may be oppossed to yours, they are just as valid and, in fact if you tried to see things from a different angle, your certainty might not be so strong.

One of the dead presidents of the USA had a saying, he said of a man that "he may be a bastard but he is our bastard". This is what was later referred to as 'realpolitik' - which is political positions taken on the basis of reality (regardless of how uncomfortable or unsavoury that reality is). When the West gathers it's tools to attack one of us, we put aside our differences and defend that person because we realise that what they are attacking is not Mugabe but the idea that Africans can decide thier own destiny.

I will ask you to recollect that the favorite strategy used repeatedly by Europeans during the centuries that they conquered large parts of the world was not to attack the strongest community in an area but to side with a confederation of the weaker peoples. Most times, these weaker peoples did have justice on thier side but, when the dust cleared and the 'oppressors' were vanquished, the 'liberated' nations soon found that they had aqquired a new and more ruthless master.

This is why I suggested that you look to history, you asked who I referring to when I spoke of ignorant ones; in the days of the Atlantic slave trade, the Europeans did not go into the interior to hunt down captives, that was done by other Africans. All the Europeans did was sit on thier moored ships or in thier forts/bases on the coast while those Africans who did not know that there was more to life than our material condition brought down thier captives.

Foward a few centuries to when the process of colonisation was in full effect; in West Africa, you find that the troops that defeated the Ashanti on behalf of the British Empire were recruited in the West Indies and those that conquered the Mossi for the French were from Senegal.

And it still goes on, just a few months ago, a chinless brainless shaved ape called Mark Thatcher was able to secure a plea bargain after admitting to his part in the attempt to 'liberate' Equatorial Guinea from a man the Western media labelled a 'cannibal dictator'. The main plotters were of European descent but they had some idiot sitting in Spain waiting to be annointed as 'Your Excretency' once thier robbery succeeded and yes, they had a troop of what we call 'sufayo' (IGNORANT tools) recruited from African countries to do most of thier killing.

The Armed forces of the USA has a large number of Africans serving as frontline troops. Most of these men and women come from backgrounds of extreme poverty yet, if they had a proper level of consciousness, no amount of material need would make them even consider joining up with the armies of the real enemy.

I end by expressing my condolences on the loss of your father. I pray that he is in the good place our God made for the righteous.

Messages In This Thread

Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
Re: Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
Re: Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
In Zimbabwe?
Re: In Zimbabwe?
Seeking to understand Zimbabwe
Re: Seeking to understand Zimbabwe
PS
Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Re: Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections
December 12th Movement *LINK*
Re: December 12th Movement
Re: Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Answer please, Ayinde
Is Mugabe an NWO man?
Sloppy Criticisms of Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Very well said. You have my full Respects! *NM*
Re: Very well said. You have my full Respects!
Eja: A true Pan-Afrikanist, Love the posts! *NM*
Re: Oshun Auset
One Zimbabwe or Another: An Interview

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com