HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Seeking to understand Zimbabwe
In Response To: Seeking to understand Zimbabwe ()

If you are going to call Mugabe honest, then I will flatly tell you that you either are talking about another Mugabe or you haven't a clue what the word means.

Mugabe is an evil despot, who is now trying to justify his continued stay in power by cloaking his actions with Black Nationalist terminology. Pretty much like that even more evil despot you have over there in the States, George Pubic-Hair ( that is what Bush means) who appeals to Americans with is talk of combating terrorism and calling for a return to Family Values. Only difference is that Bush seeks gratification for his lust for blood elsewhere, while Mugabe does it to his own people.

For any Rastafarian to support Mugabe, that has to be out of sheer ignorance or sheer stupidity. It's like all those Black people who love Ghandi, and he has said a lot of stuff about Black people. Why, supporting Mugabe is like a Jew expressing admiration for Hitler. Mugabe's contempt for Rastafarians is well-known. We have a hard time over there. "Pan-Afrikanists" and others sometimes identify with us, but only to use us. I have seen many instances of betrayal in my country. I have also seen the same vibes on this board- people who would never bow down to his Imperial Majesty will insist they are Rastafarians, then try and use us for their anti-white agenda.

I can understand how many Blacks in the West are getting the information, and how they will try to relate it to the race-relations situations in their own countries. However, I must urge people against this knee-jerk reaction and irrelevant shibbolething, where if a Black leader uses the right vocabulary he becomes legitimate. I cannot understand the Western media. One white farmer gets killed, and a lot of noise is made. And Blacks in the West are ready to declare that a Revolution is happening in Zimbabwe. What kind of a Revolution is it that sees a few white men killed, thousands upon thousands of Blacks killed, beaten, tortured, raped and harrassed, a whole economy brought down, 3 million nationals out of a population of 10 million, forced in to exile and what was once the bread basket of the region reduced to begging for food handouts? You would have to be made to seriously endorse this.

What Zimbabweans want is an accountable government. Simple as that. We want freedom of expression, and the freedom to choose, appoint and dismiss our government. We want stability, justice, fair opportunity. Simple as that.

I do not know where you get your information from, but if you have missed any of this then you need to check it again. You also need to travel to Zimbabwe to see for yourself. And I don't mean sit in a hotel, and read the newspapers but really travel. Meet the people. Maybe get beaten up by the police and/or ZANU PF youths a couple of times. It worked for the other Western Black journalist the Zimbabwe government had recruited as an international apologist. He got his little-behind kicked by security agents- his crime being having a hand in bringing in a Sky news crew that then painted an unfavourable image of Zimbabwe's government. After featuring in the papers with his rubbish about imperialist conspiracies, he has vanished in to obscurity.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion. But, as a Rastafarian, you do not need me to lecture you on the duty to defend the weak, to rid them out of the hand of the oppressor. Or, do you?

In the above, I am not directing this question to you in particular, but to the many Blacks in the West that support Mugabe.

Messages In This Thread

Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
Re: Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
Re: Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
In Zimbabwe?
Re: In Zimbabwe?
Seeking to understand Zimbabwe
PS
Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Re: Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections
December 12th Movement *LINK*
Re: December 12th Movement
Re: Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Answer please, Ayinde
Is Mugabe an NWO man?
Sloppy Criticisms of Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Re: Sloppy Criticisms of Zimbabwe Elections
Very well said. You have my full Respects! *NM*
Re: Very well said. You have my full Respects!
Eja: A true Pan-Afrikanist, Love the posts! *NM*
Re: Oshun Auset
One Zimbabwe or Another: An Interview

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com