HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Seeking to understand Zimbabwe

I am not working on behalf of the MDC. I am not working for the British government. Such wild speculation is unbecoming of a man of your standing.

Surely you are aware of the Don't-try-this-at-home stance adopted by the same African leaders who are lauding Mugabe? It's one thing to say "Right on" and raise a clenched fist, and another to actually wish the kind of madness that has engulfed Zimbabwe on your own country. Many Zimbabwean companies and foreign investors have moved to neighbouring countries, do you really think the governments of these countries want to see Zimbabwe get back to normal overnight?

You keep bringing up this peasant issue. For those who did not actually see the post, the remark was addressed at one Mardukson, who had insulted me by labelling me a Mulatto. Even you must get angry at some point in time.

'You also stated: "The sort of people who come in to Britain are young men and women mostly of middle-class background. They only become refugees because the immigration lawyers are telling them that that is the only way to not only stay in the country but also get benefits like housing etc. For at least £1000, one get refugee status."
http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/archive1/config.pl?read=48903

So much of what comes from Zimbabwean refugees in Britain can be lies, as they want to stay in Britian to enhance their own economic opportunities, and as you once said, "to return to Zimbabwe to live like lords".'

Unless you have already decided without bothering to check that I am a refugee, I do not see what this has to do with the topic at hand.

Yes, I do feel that Zimbabwean causes should be left to Zimbabweans. Yes, I am aware that the MDC has been lobbying not only the Western nations, but also all the African nations, Asia etc. Do you follow all my speeches and writings, have you been spying at me during the meetings I attend here to know that I have never condemned what the MDC is doing.

You seem to suffer from the same delusion that Mugabe has invented for himself that to dislike him automatically means you love the MDC or that you are party to some conspiracy by the West. It is this misguided inclination towards lurid percieved machinations and conspiracies that I find most distasteful about many Blacks in the West- because while regurgitating the same drivel about Lynch methods and Protocols and exposes etc, you lot never actually do anything.

When I used the term knee-jerk, I was referring to your sort, who seem to think that anything the West condemns about Africa must be good coz why else would they condemn it. That, to me, is clearly eurocentric thinking because it takes a position based solely on events in the west. The problems of Zimbabwe have been with us for some time now, long before Mugabe reinvented himself as the champion of the landless.

And there you go speculating about the Eq. Guinea issue? Did you know that Zimbabwe's State owned arms manufacturing company has managed to keep its nose clean, but there have been a few whiffs inovlving supplies to places like Central America- with CIA assistance!!- and the Tamils in Colombo, with Israeli help. Zimbabweans would not mind very much if the money from these deals went in to the State coffers.

S. African observers? The day before yesterday, a couple had a chance to see the Zimbabwean police in action. A cousin told me over the phone yesterday that in one of the rural areas, they were barred from a station.

We also have an abnormal situation of having countries like Libya, also well-known for repressive regimes , coming over to legitimise this parody of democracy. In the good old days, Mugabe used to have his inauguration ceremonies at the main stadium. Now he does them under tight security at State House ,attended by other despots. The last one had Moi of Kenya ,Mwanawasa and some chap representing paranoid Qaddafi. How degrading for our country to have the scum of the earth for friends.

Stuff your white controlled press. I get my informaton from Zimbabwean papers. The major ones, including the State owned ones are online. There are also two radio stations and several newsites by Zimbabweans in exile.

Of course, there is a land problem in Zimbabwe. But to then legitimise Mugabe's atrocities because of that, well, that is just misguided. Misguided I say. Do you burn down your house because it has vermin? Might as well then justify George Bush's stay in office because he is for a return to family values.

I am no sloganeering revolutionary. I am an ordinary Zimbabwean. Quite frankly, I have ssen very little in the revolutionary set to impress me.

Messages In This Thread

Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
Re: Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
Re: Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
In Zimbabwe?
Re: In Zimbabwe?
Seeking to understand Zimbabwe
PS
Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Re: Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections
December 12th Movement *LINK*
Re: December 12th Movement
Re: Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Answer please, Ayinde
Is Mugabe an NWO man?
Sloppy Criticisms of Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Re: Sloppy Criticisms of Zimbabwe Elections
Very well said. You have my full Respects! *NM*
Re: Very well said. You have my full Respects!
Eja: A true Pan-Afrikanist, Love the posts! *NM*
Re: Oshun Auset
One Zimbabwe or Another: An Interview

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com