HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Sloppy Criticisms of Zimbabwe Elections

First : I am a Black Zimbawean with more respect in any Harare ghetto than Mugabe. I sang, wrote and pushed about land redistribution when the honourable Father Zimbabwe, Joshua Nkomo was doing the same and Mugabe was busy trying out and shopping suits of the highest Royal Flavour at Harrods.

Please do not be misled about Lancaster house commitments...Mugabe has never been held by any commitments...not even his own. You DO NOT KNOW WHO YOU TALK ABOUT. The discussions on land were progressing well mediated by Obasanjo (nigerian President) when Mugabe in typical stranded rudebwuoy style began pulling his sleeves and encouraging war veterans and ZANU PF militia to invade the farms. Farms were invaded, both black (farm workers)and white people beaten, tortured and raped and their property stolen. I say Mugabe destroyed his country because you only need to look at productivity 8 years ago compared to today...AGain I repeat YOU DO NOT KNOW WHO YOU TALK ABOUT. You are in search of black heros. Mugabe is not one of them...Sonn after 1980 he tried to exterminate the Ndebele Tribe from where an uprising had emerged. He killed mothers and fathers just because their children had risen against him in support of the Honourable late Father Zimbabwe: Joshua Nkomo Please consult your HIstory books or educated PAna African friends and they will tell you about Mugabe. Fine, he did join and inspire the liberators during the war of liberation but because of his dishonest ways , selfishness and dictatorial tendencies...he has lost all the respect he had gained. You can even check with his own party hierarchy...they are behind him only beacuse they fear him and he affords them a living nobody believes he will deliver for Zimbabwe...thats why last year saw many people discussing his successorship...who he dealt with ruthlessly.

Do you know that a TWO DAYS AFTER ELECTIONS ENDED it was announced that the country had run out of maize and all other basic commodities such as fuel, beef, cooking oil etc. Everyone knows wherenthe maize went...it was used to buy rural votes and Mugabe acknowledged this on international TV.

Please do not give me any of that 'Africanness' Talk... I am not there to prove my identity to you. Ndiri mwana wevhu anobva Ku Masvingo guta rakare kare renyika yeZimbabwe.

I am a level above 'just talk' having researched urban and rural Zimbabwean opinions which form the basis of my understanding ZImbabwean needs. Ask yourself why in 3 years Zimbabweans abroad have grown from a few thousands to million farm s (in a country with 11 miilion people) if everything was rosy and there was a lot of land to farm. My brother in law and mother were removed from farms after huge investments into the farms which were given to Mugabe loyalists - together with the crop they had farmed. And you ask me for my credentials.

I could write the whole day...but if you are serious about Zimbabwe...read Zimbabwean newspapers both Zanu PF propaganda and surviving independent newspapers.

I will say it again and again...THE LAND ISSUE WAS MEANT TO DIVERT NEGATIVE INITIATIVES BY MUGABE SUCH AS THE DRC WAR AND MEANT TO PROP HIS POSITION BY MAKING AN EMOTIONAL APPEAL BASED ON LAND.

Do you know what his campaign pltaform for the just ended election was: 'The Anti-Blair Election'. Seriously...in a country with 75% unemployement US$1=Zim $18000, 150% inflation, near stagnant growth rate. Is this man serious?

Go and look for African heroes elsewhere...even Obasanjo has dumped him...he saw that this man has gone crazy. Mbeki is just too courteous....And he flew all the way to Vatican for the funeral when he cannot even face the Archbishop of Bulawayo. Of course who cares about the Vatican in Zimbabwe...except Mugabe OF COURSE.

Wait until Jonathan Moyo's (his ex Propaganda Chief) book on Serving in Mugabe's Regime is released then you can talk from a knowledgeable point of view...now seem too emotional to picture Mugabe as a Black Hero ...at the expense of us Zimbabweans. You may think you are doing just to black liberation but are you being fair to the Zimbabweans who today do not have any food to eat - this is true?

Think again Rasta.

Messages In This Thread

Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
Re: Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
Re: Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
In Zimbabwe?
Re: In Zimbabwe?
Seeking to understand Zimbabwe
Re: Seeking to understand Zimbabwe
PS
Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Re: Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections
December 12th Movement *LINK*
Re: December 12th Movement
Re: Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Answer please, Ayinde
Is Mugabe an NWO man?
Sloppy Criticisms of Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Very well said. You have my full Respects! *NM*
Re: Very well said. You have my full Respects!
Eja: A true Pan-Afrikanist, Love the posts! *NM*
Re: Oshun Auset
One Zimbabwe or Another: An Interview

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com