HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Sloppy Criticisms of Zimbabwe Elections

You addressed your post to “Ayinde..and all the others who support Robert Mugabe on the basis that he did well for Zimbabwe …”, and so you have this reply from me.

I don’t buy your idea that (you think we think) Mugabe did well for Zimbabwe by “invading and destroying white owned farms”. To me, it sounds senseless that any leader of any country (in the same circumstances as Zimbabwe/Mugabe is in) would “invade and destroy” the country’s OWN land! Robert Mugabe is not that dumb! I think you even contradict yourself by showing your “concern” that “giving land to the poor to empower them is the good...but this is not the hallmark of Mugabe's regime.” … because we both know President Robert Mugabe is being so criticized by the West (or by you now) not because he is “… an evil man who uses the good to justify the bad” -- (as if the West itself was ever consistent about human rights in Afrika, when the West’s record on human rights in Afrika is as well-known & hopeless as it is brutal, the worst I ever knew, coz they’ve been busy killing people there …) -- but ONLY because the lands being retaken are “owned” by an “untouchable clique” of unrepentant, colonial-minded whites with Big Support of their powerful cousins from “Motherland Europe”.

The land issue was not, as you wrote, “… only adopted last minute before the 2000 elections because it was the last card to play - divide the people on race; let the people hate MDC because it has a few white men in its party structures - send it to hell by associating it with recolonisation because it suggests a cleverer non politicised approach to redistribute land and deal with the issues bedevilling Zimbabwe.” … !!!! … You seem to buy so much into the anti-Zimbabwe, colonial-minded propaganda selling like hot cakes in the West! But allow me to ask you: Where are you from (whether you’re an Afrikan or not)? Where you getting your information from? Do you know Zimbabwe? Have you heard of the Lancaster House Agreements signed in London in 1979, the ‘official basis’ of Zimbabwe’s independence? Do you know what is contained in there? Are you even an Afrikan, or perhaps just one of those Afrikans who seem more ready to forget the lessons of history and “trust” the West, than they are ready to show empathy & understanding for people that look and suffer like them, where they come from, in such a typical post-colonial crisis known as the Land Redistribution in Zimbabwe, in this harsh world where we live? …

The land issue was inseparably connected to Zimbabwe’s -- (or, indeed, any Afrikan country’s) -- armed struggle for liberation from Europe’s colonial yoke. In general, continental Afrikan freedom fighters fought for freedom first and foremost because of the lands that had been violently stolen from them -- by hook or by crook -- by violent, gun-toting, psychopathic European colonial settlers. Zimbabwe’s case has been no different, and especially for a so “Europeanized” country such as “Rhodesia”/Zimbabwe (formerly with a very high density of Rhodesian whites), the skewed land distribution in Zimbabwe always posed a potential threat to post-independence peace and stability in the country. In fact that’s the reason why the Government of Zimbabwe had to wait for the ex-colonial masters to subsequently honour their pledge penned down in the Lancaster House Agreements … (i.e.: they had pledged to subsidize/fund the ‘repurchase’ of white-occupied BLACK lands in Zimbabwe from the Rhodesian colonialists guarding British/European interests in Zimbabwe on behalf of the defunct ‘Old Empire’ … Not surprisingly, they later rescinded: for obvious reasons: they just want all the land they illegally grabbed beginning 100+ years ago, though it’s of course not even theirs!).

Though we live in a more modern world than that in which the uncanny ruthlessness of British/European adventures and psychopaths (out on rampage in the “Empire”) was ‘perfectly’ played out in Afrika (and elsewhere), the thing I find most unfunny about certain people’s attitudes in this is that they fail to address the core issue about the Zimbabwe crisis. They’d rather beat about the bush and opt for character assassination against President Mugabe & any of Zimbabwe’s black leaders … (which is not surprising that they can attack and insult any black Afrikan leader in the most foolish terms, since they’re somehow already used to it by now, anyway). I am sure the whites who do this know it is easy for us -- (pan-Afrikanist black Afrikans who didn’t forget where we come from & what is OURS) -- to understand why they have no choice but to defend their nomadic kith and kin, now slowly facing the heat in Afrika! … But I wonder what “interest” or motivation a normal-thinking black person would see in supporting the interests of a tiny, selfish and alien conquistador clique now burdened by the sins of their forefathers (plus their own) in the modern world!!!

The other matters in your post -- (e.g. the frequency of “human rights” abuses, the lack of “democracy” in Zimbabwe[SIC], unemployment etc) -- are really side-track issues, secondary, NOT PRIMARY(!), and they’ve been extensively addressed by the eminent people of these boards both on the forums and in various archived articles. Those with eyes can read, we have read, and those who truly understand the evil machinations of this fake and evil world know who the real culprits are, or why the Zimbabwe crisis is the way it is! Period!!

Messages In This Thread

Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
Re: Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
Re: Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
In Zimbabwe?
Re: In Zimbabwe?
Seeking to understand Zimbabwe
Re: Seeking to understand Zimbabwe
PS
Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Re: Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections
December 12th Movement *LINK*
Re: December 12th Movement
Re: Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Answer please, Ayinde
Is Mugabe an NWO man?
Sloppy Criticisms of Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Very well said. You have my full Respects! *NM*
Re: Very well said. You have my full Respects!
Eja: A true Pan-Afrikanist, Love the posts! *NM*
Re: Oshun Auset
One Zimbabwe or Another: An Interview

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com