HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Seeking to understand Zimbabwe

What I know of Tsvangirai is this; he is the only man bold enough to challenge Mugabe openly. For that, I will give him his due respect. As to him being a particularly brilliant man, well, I do not want to go there. But then again, we have had Mugabe and his dozens of degrees and look where it has got us. So perhaps a former office messenger may be what the country needs.

The white farmers are not the only big landowners. All the political bigwigs are landowners too. The ordinary folk- the ones who actually started invading farms till the ideologically bankrupt regime decided to join them- are still to benefit from the exercise.

This is where I have a problem with the likes of Ayinde. it's one thing gushing out volumes on revolution from the comfort of your own home. It is another sitting in the sun in a big field where nothing grows anymore, with a plastic shack for shelter. All your belongings have been lost to the elements. And the politicians come once in a while to say they are going to be giving you inputs if you vote for them , but if your vote for the MDC you will get nothing. They have been saying that for the past 6 years now, and you are beginning to think you were better off in the communal areas. but you can't leave now, because the price of every thing's gone up, and you could never afford even the transport fare.

No sir, I do not see why my people have to suffer so that "Afrocentric" "revolutionaries" can justify their useless existence.

The West has much to answer for. I have seen the media coverage. There is this " Look at these Africans, that is all they are good for- killing each other" air about the images they present. But I know better, because I am Zimbabwean, and do not expect any one to tell me about what is going down.

The West is also buying produce from the farms still running. These farms are in the hands of the bigwigs. Sometimes the shops lable the produce as South African or even English, but I think my taste buds can discern original Zimbabwean peas grown in Nyanga from the GM rubbish of this country.

Messages In This Thread

Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
Re: Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
Re: Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
In Zimbabwe?
Re: In Zimbabwe?
Seeking to understand Zimbabwe
PS
Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Re: Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections
December 12th Movement *LINK*
Re: December 12th Movement
Re: Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Answer please, Ayinde
Is Mugabe an NWO man?
Sloppy Criticisms of Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Re: Sloppy Criticisms of Zimbabwe Elections
Very well said. You have my full Respects! *NM*
Re: Very well said. You have my full Respects!
Eja: A true Pan-Afrikanist, Love the posts! *NM*
Re: Oshun Auset
One Zimbabwe or Another: An Interview

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com