Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: gman your 2 cents have worth

Greetings & Respek Ras T.
Out of the negative points I mentioned, the only ones that is entirely exclusive to white rastas is the complaining of 'reverse racism', and the presumption to try to 'teach' blacks about a culture that is originally theirs, however that might be being transformed nowadays. All the others, yes a lot of black rastas have those negative traits too, but some seem to be more prevalent amongst whites, from my experience... like speaking in fake patois which apart from being ridiculous and insulting, is pretending to be something you are not; not saying no whites should speak like that, I know whites that do because they're either from the caribbean or have grown up largely around Caribbean people.
The part about those who dis the liberation struggle because 'Rasta nuh involve in politics'is something I've noticed among several self-proclaimed white rastas on the internet. Especially this one individual on a couple of other boards who has a very arrogant attitude, speaks Amharic and a bunch of other languages and tries to come across as more African than the Africans. He even wrote some posts in Amharic to this sista, evidently assuming she doesn't understand Amharic, to try to make the point that he was more authentically african than her, very insulting. He also posted a lot of divisive stuff re Ethiopia, pitting Amhara against Oromo, etc. And always talking against any community action to improve the conditions of Africans in this hemisphere cos he says it's promoting a 'lust for revolution', whatever that is supposed to mean.
Of course this is one individual but I've dealt with others with similar attitudes.
Your point is taken though, we cannot generalize too much and many of the negative traits of white rastas I pointed out also apply to many blacks.
Awaiting further questions...

Messages In This Thread

White Rastafarians
Re: White Rastafarians again and again and..
Rasta for I
Re: Rasta for I
Re: Rasta for I
Re: Rasta waste of time talk
Who determines waste of time talk?
Re: My 2 cents on white rastas and black 'racism'
Re: My 2 cents on white rastas and black 'racism'
Re: Ras-lution (healing of the nations)!
Re: White Rastafari-Chosen by H.I.M
Re: White Rastafarians
Re: A question to Ital Iman I......

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com