Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: gman your 2 cents have worth

Nothing.
Before y'all get mad, lemme explain. They have contributed nothing specifically as white people. Those that are true, what they have contributed is the same as what any of us have contributed: bringing different ideas/experiences/perspectives to the table; contributing skills, money, resources, time, etc., etc.
For example ras adam simeon's putting together all the rasta links and ting is a good, significant contribution. But it has nothing to do with him being white, other than perhaps for the fact that as a white man he may have had more access to a good education which gave him his computer skills.
Looking beyond rasta and into the black struggle generally, those whites who have contributed to it
have done so by doing the same thing blacks have: putting their lives on the line, being willing to be a frontline fighter (whether the fight is physical or spirtual or what have you). People like John Brown, like Michael Schwarner (one of the whites in the civil rights movement who was murdered), people like those who joined a multi-racial task force that liberated Sis. Assata Shakur of the Black Liberation Army from prison where the guards were planning to assassinate her. (See her excellent autobiography "Assata"). That last set of people I mentioned, those who got caught are in prison and deserve our support whether white or black, or whether a lesbian as one of them is. See my post below about the Jericho Movement.
Actually I did just think of something that whites have contributed specifically as whites: that is, by putting their bodies on the line, they have brought more attention to the struggle, because as you know Amerikkka values white life over black, so when whites in the civil rights movement started getting killed along with blacks, it brought more attention to the movement and forced the gov't to at least pretend to take some steps against the KKK, Gov. Wallace, etc.

Hope that answers your question. Peace!

Messages In This Thread

White Rastafarians
Re: White Rastafarians again and again and..
Rasta for I
Re: Rasta for I
Re: Rasta for I
Re: Rasta waste of time talk
Who determines waste of time talk?
Re: My 2 cents on white rastas and black 'racism'
Re: My 2 cents on white rastas and black 'racism'
Re: Ras-lution (healing of the nations)!
Re: White Rastafari-Chosen by H.I.M
Re: White Rastafarians
Re: A question to Ital Iman I......

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com