HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: White Rastafarians again and again and..
In Response To: White Rastafarians ()

Thanks Sis Makeda for doing something tangible on this issue and also something decisive and it is accordingly highlighted.

However there are people for what ever their motives seems to make White Rastas an issue, an for the life of me I fail to see the importance of any Rasta's skin colour to what the mission of RASTAFARI is all about.

What I do see however is several challenges that Rastas face and would have to face in the future, including institution building and raising of national and international profiles among other things.

So while we do not know who has great interest about the color or shade of any Rasta's skin, the length of hair, height, weight, location, status, gender, we as Rastas know that there is more than enough work for people committed to Rasta to undertake on behalf of RASTA......and all of humanity is invited.....the color of skin is not now a determinant of most of those who have built and are continiuing to build RASTAFARI.

The issue I would like to suggest is bogus and a distraction by some for whatever their reasons......and a Question I would like to ask is what does the white skin color of a man who is a Rasta poses ...that a man with black skin color who is a Rasta does not pose......think about it RASTAFARI and set your own agenda for the growth of the movement which we have all contributed to irregardless of our armies of detractors, variance of skin shades, different backgrounds, incomes and the likes.

RASTAFARI is a work in progress and each human has a contribution to make. Let no one deter you. What says the I dem ?
PS
..there are people who claim to be Rasta's who are white, that have a very poor interpretation of Rastafari, but I personally know many, many more that are black and have an equally poor information of Rastafari. Selah. Let Jah works be done.

Messages In This Thread

White Rastafarians
Re: White Rastafarians again and again and..
Rasta for I
Re: Rasta for I
Re: Rasta for I
Re: Rasta waste of time talk
Who determines waste of time talk?
Re: My 2 cents on white rastas and black 'racism'
Re: gman your 2 cents have worth
Re: My 2 cents on white rastas and black 'racism'
Re: Ras-lution (healing of the nations)!
Re: White Rastafari-Chosen by H.I.M
Re: White Rastafarians
Re: A question to Ital Iman I......

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com