Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Levels of blame/guilt

Honour

First off, I must make it plain that I am against what is called miscegnation. The African man breeding with a non-African female and the African female breeding with a non African male. There is no conflict in me about feeling this way. I am completelely and utterly against the practice.

But, here is a thing that I find interesting about this feeling that I have, I have talked to other men who think as I do and without much variation, a vast majority say that the sin of the African female who mixes is greater than that of the African male who does the same. However, when I speak to African women I find that they distribute the guilt in an opposite direction. They feel that the African male bears a greater responsibility; that in recent and near ancient times, African men have abdicated thier responsibility for the care of African women. That African men have shown a great capacity and eagerness to abuse or ignore thier African women. That, in recent times, the epidemic of miscegnation was given it's most fervent support by African men.

In short, most women that I have spoken to on this matter have said, "you men started it..."

I have pointed out the untruth in this; I have tried to show that until recent times, it was often a death sentence for an African man to be accused of 'knowing' a caucasian female, but, of course in those same times, many a rabid protector of the 'white' woman's virtues was quite partial to a spoonful of 'brown sugar'.

Yes, most of those African woman were raped or coerced but, there was a minority (which have now become a majority) who went into these relationships with thier eyes wide open. Who made a choice to go where the grass looked super green and every day was saturday night.

I am interested in honest opinions. Here are mine, explicitly : when IN THIS DAY AND AGE, (with everything that WE SHOULD ALL NOW KNOW in mind), I see an African woman with her 'partner' engaged in the creation of children, I feel a greater sense of outrage than when I see an African man with his 'partner' doing the same. For the man, I feel pity, but the woman causes me to feel betrayed.

Before anyone comes and starts telling me about how my opinions stem from feeling threatened, please save yourself the time. Yes, I do feel threatened. Seeing this kind of thing and knowing what I know of the past and present plans of a species who have elected themselves to be the mortal enemy of my species causes me to feel threatened.

Previously, I had said that I found this feeling interesting. I also spoke of discussing this matter with other African men and women. What I found remarkable was that men and women used near the same words as mine to describe thier feelings. But it was reversed. The women, on seeing an African female with another species, felt sorry for her, they would say "she has probably been through some terrible times at the hands of African men, that is why..." But, when they saw the African man with his bit of vanilla, they spoke of feeling the anger that comes from being betrayed.

And from what I have seen of the opinions of others around this earth, I realise that what I know and feel about this are not unique to me either as a person or as an African man. For example, I have heard from those who lived there that the Chinese do not look kindly on ones from thier nation 'mixing it' with ones from outside thier nation.

For me, I know my feeling to stem from this : When I see an African man 'mixing it', I feel sorry for him because he is gambling. He has put on the table something that has existed since the beginning of human time. He is gambling and he will lose (and lose big) if his male descendants follow in his footsteps. If that happens,within a couple of generations, all traces of his existence will be extinguished. That is what he is gambling with : The erasure of his African self from the eyes of humanity.

And when I see a woman doing it I feel betrayed because I know that the first and best teacher is the mother. If she had a son, he would have to fight through a big confusion and this confusion would be even worse if she had a daughter. What example has she set her daughter? What lesson has her choice imparted? Even if the daughter rejects the lesson, at what cost to the respect that every body NEEDS to feel for a parent will this rejection have come?

In this day and age, because the propaganda states that we are now all 'equal', it becomes more critical what we CHOOSE. Because, the propaganda now states that all choices are equally valid.

The mixed race youth that are coming up are no longer compelled by explicit environmental cues to 'know thier place'. The injustice is no longer as obvious as it was, so, ironically, practices and brutally enforced hierachies that were a great teacher have fallen silent. People are now told that they are all 'equally' citizens of whatever contraption they were born into. They are now equally expected to serve, take pride in and love the 'father/home-land'. And those, whose mothers have given them the key to enter amongst the age-old enemy of the fathers, are (sometimes unknowingly) the greatest threat to our existence. This has ALWAYS been true.

So, the question will be "what can I do? I cannot help what/where I was born into." The last is also true, but what we live as is our choice.

Some good lessons recently brought foward by Karibkween : You cannot serve two masters. There is also no middle way. That must be acknowledged. There can be no bridge between creatures of fire and those of water.

It is pointless, and ultimately a betrayal for anyone to seek to construct such a bridge.

Messages In This Thread

Levels of blame/guilt
Re: Levels of blame/guilt
ALPHA AND OMEGA...BY THY WORKS *NM*
my response to See King
hotep to the powerful self/word/truth *NM*
Re: Levels of blame/guilt *LINK*
Love For Self First!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com