HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Levels of blame/guilt
In Response To: Levels of blame/guilt ()

Eja, brethren, may i first say that this post is one of the most thought provoking, emotional and at the same time, utterly singular-minded reasoning I have read. You Sir, though passionate about the advancement of your species, are very wrong about it's causes, and with the utmost respect, i feel you have other reasons for your post than just outlining the endangerment of the black race.

I am 'mixed', and I HATE that friggin word so much it makes me puke. My great grandfather was from Scotland who came to Jamaica in the Sugar Plantation days. He fell in love (yes, fell in love, my mother still has letters and pictures to prove it, and no Great Grams was not confused because of her times and life, so don’t even bother pulling that card) with a Jamaican woman, and my grandfather fell for a 1/2 Indian woman, my father with a Jamiacan.... resulting in me. Am i to understand that my great grandfather was a traitor to his people by falling in love with a Jamaican? A gambler as you call him, because he is eroding his race (or at least the COLOR of his race) from the surface of the earth? And my great grandmother is to be seen as a 'sad excuse for a black woman' because she allowed herself to be loved by a Scotsman?

That, Eja, ... Is CRAP!!!!

You know what your problem is, and I say this really truly, is that you and others like you have this set standard in your minds about this thing called RACE. When asked about it, you call it an observable difference among men. (in terms of color) But that’s NOT what you mean. You mean the atrocities, the manipulations, the hurt, pain, anguish, lies, deceit and all morally and spiritually reprehensible acts committed by one care against another. And while you stance on the subject is onverstandable, that does NOT make it the RIGHT stance.

Am I to understand that if while on vacation in Spain, I meet an attractive, kind, upright woman who is intelligent and virtuous, and in the development of our friendship, it evolves into Attraction and attraction to relating, relating to dating, dating to mating and mating to love-making. And in the midst of our feelings we marry and live together and have children.... I am to be called "PITIABLE' and A TRAITOR because I found someone worthy to love and who loves me in return.... But Because of our difference in Race.... (C O L O U R !!!!) OUR LOVE IS VOID?????!!!!

F that!!! I will not denounce my son and my woman because of your insecurities and false precepts on what makes a black man a man and a black woman a woman. Love is love, you can’t tell me or anyone else what they feel, and neither you nor anyone like you ever will. Its people like you who call me and mine ‘mongrels’ and ‘mix-breeds’ (YES you said Mixed) and all manner of hate words, and make us feel inferior because of it, our lives are miserable because of our ‘skin identities’ and YOU don’t help by saying:
“””””””The mixed race youth that are coming up are no longer compelled by explicit environmental cues to 'know their place'. The injustice is no longer as obvious as it was, so, ironically, practices and brutally enforced hierarchies that were a great teacher have fallen silent. People are now told that they are all 'equally' citizens of whatever contraption they were born into. They are now equally expected to serve, take pride in and love the 'father/home-land'. And those, whose mothers have given them the key to enter amongst the age-old enemy of the fathers, are (sometimes unknowingly) the greatest threat to our existence. This has ALWAYS been true.”””””
Question: Because I am ‘mixed’ my parents are therefore ignoramuses who can’t teach good values and manners to their children? Because I am ‘mixed’ I am NOT AN EQUAL CITEZEN because I was born into a ‘contraption’? (And just what the hell does that mean anyway?) And because I am ‘mixed’ I don’t know the importance of Africa, the need to know where my mother and others come from, the need to stand against the injustices there and everywhere, I am mixed so I don’t have an appreciation and love for Haile Sellassie and am moved to tears every time I read his speech to the U.N. And according to you these things are ALWAYS true???????
I will not accept that. If African men and women were able to have sit downs and talk about their views about 'MIXING' (god I hate that word) then maybe there could be fertile ground to grow overstandings and later SOLID relationships.

But admit it Eja, this is not the case with a lot of Africans. We don’t talk about our problems, we don’t talk with each other about this and in the silence, and men and women stray outside the race. And whose Fault it that???? Can’t blame that on the 'racial conspiracies' now can you?

Here’s a harrowing thought. What if in the next 70 years everyone decides to ‘breed’ (hate that word too) with other races until everywhere you look, the Idea of Race an Color and Creed continually gets distorted.

Would that make this a better world. Or a worse one?
If you were honest…you would answer honestly.

respec

Messages In This Thread

Levels of blame/guilt
ALPHA AND OMEGA...BY THY WORKS *NM*
my response to See King
hotep to the powerful self/word/truth *NM*
Re: Levels of blame/guilt *LINK*
Love For Self First!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com