HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Levels of blame/guilt
In Response To: Re: Levels of blame/guilt ()

***There has been no great African of mixed heritage who would have lost anything from thier abilities had they not being mixed. So, since we have gained nothing from this exchange why should we condone it?

Why would anyone who is mixed and claims to be pro-African be in favour of further erasing the African features of thier descendants? You would think, would'nt you, if such a person was truly what he/she claimed to be, that he/she would be the one most in favour of returning the seed to the original Earth that it came from. ***

Good points. I am a product of a mixed relationship and it is glaringly obvious to any of the folks like me(even though most won't admit it) that most relationships of this sort(including my parents) have people that are either living in some poly anna 'one love' world fantasy(often the white one) and one person who has some level of self hatred and has internalized the white supremacist system.(often the Black one) Although someties these 'complexes' are reversed, and the European is exoticising the African(a form of racist objectification) or the African one is a combination of the two(self hatred and 'individualist one lovism' fantasy).

Either way, I don't understand the comfort level of the African one marrying someone of the oppressor class as long as said oppression exists, if they consider themselves conscious.

You don't just slip and fall in love with someone, you surround yourself with a certain crowd of possible mates. If you are fighting against the system of colour based oppression and exploitation how exactly can one as an African 'just so happen' to fall in love with a European/White person and still claim to be conscious of and consciously trying to eliminate race based oppression and exploitation? That just doesn't make sense to me.

I think some people who are products of mixed relationships are uncomfortable with Africans not being pro-IR mating because they feel like to agree with such a stance would be paramount to wishing themselves out of existence, and it makes some mixed race people feel rejected by our African brethren(the more inclusive of the two cultures, and usually the only culture we are traditionally accepted by).

I do consider myself an African, and pro-African. Although I love my parents I have no problem overstanding that their, or any other people's choice to mate inter-racially does not serve the interests of African liberation. Period. I personally can't even imagine marrying a European because of the shituation we are fighting against and I don't even get the brunt of the downpression because of my light skin priviledge. So I am at a total loss why a 'conscious' 'pure'(for lack of a better term) African would go against the African liberation interests. IMO if you partake in such activity you could/cannot be fully conscious and/ or pro-African liberation at the time. There are those that realize this after the fact. It's the people that maintain the contradiction of being pro African liberation and pro mixing that are being illogical and intellectually dishonest IMO.

Messages In This Thread

Levels of blame/guilt
ALPHA AND OMEGA...BY THY WORKS *NM*
my response to See King
hotep to the powerful self/word/truth *NM*
Re: Levels of blame/guilt *LINK*
Love For Self First!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com