HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Levels of blame/guilt
In Response To: Re: Levels of blame/guilt ()

Honour

You said "Because it seems that when an Afrikan seeks a mate from another group, they feel that the other group is better or superior. "

I would say yes, this is sometimes true, but I don't think it can be applied across the board. I have met people who have a great pride in thier heritage, live as close possible to the ways they were taught by thier parents and yet see no wrong done in thier choice of non-Afican as mate. In fact, some of these (mostly males), once thier choice of mate is decided upon, will then go out of thier way to exagerate the pride they have in thier African culture. Every observer must know that even though he is with a non-African, he is still as African as the day he was born. The partner may then also adopt African ways of expression, she will eat and breathe African.

All this is said to support my partial agreement with what you say. Because the truth in what you said is shown by the other sort, the ones who cannot see a chance to show how 'white' they can be without snatching at it. Ones who will go as far as changing thier natural way of speaking, walking and every other thing that can cause them to be identified as what they obviously are.

There was one on the TV the other day letting all his 'white' friends know that he had never climbed a tree. Apparently, he emphasised this so that they would know that even though he is of African origin, African practices are foreign to him.

In truth though, there is nothing new that a person can say about these sad souls, thier illness was diagnosed a long time ago. I myself am into self-diagnosis right now, thinking on the ways I feel about certain things, trying to find the truth of the origins of these feelings, thier relationship to reality and what uses they can be put to.

Which is why I posted this particular thing. From listening to what others have to say, I have found that the way I feel about 'mixed-race' relationships is partially based on my idea of what I feel to be my entitlement as a member of my gender. That even though there are women who feel the same, when we get deeper into the talk on this thing, we will always have a point of divergence because they also have opinions that are partially based on what they feel to be thier entitlements as members of thier gender.

From this realisation comes the recognition of something else; even though this particular issue, like I said, seems to be one where opinion may be gender based, there are other issues where levels of guilt/blame are also based on perspective. In fact, most of our crucial issues as Africans world-wide often throw up points of divergence which some believe are best ignored. How can you ignore a thing that is real? You ignore it when it is a seed and what happens down the line? It becomes someone else's harvest.

These are certain things that we need to examine with strict honesty, without this ever constant fear of hurting the 'feelings' of outsiders.

The one idea that we will all eventually hold on to can be likened to an equation. Points of divergence that are based on constructed/imposed perspectives should not be allowed to become a constant within the equation.

Thanks for the response and whatever it is you want to bring to my attention, don't leave it too long.

Wisdom and Strength.

Messages In This Thread

Levels of blame/guilt
ALPHA AND OMEGA...BY THY WORKS *NM*
my response to See King
hotep to the powerful self/word/truth *NM*
Re: Levels of blame/guilt *LINK*
Love For Self First!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com