Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: White Rasta?
In Response To: Re: White Rasta? ()

Thank you for writing this. It is very thoughtful and certainly is in line with what I have experienced. I am white and not a Rastafarian. Bob Marley's music brought me to the path and I have since read my way around it, been to the Caribbean and met and spoken to a few Rastas.

I can honestly say that it is the only path which for me can be followed in a practical and realistic way which is at times hard and at times quite stark in the deliverance of the truth but if you keep walking on the road to Zion you start to see Jah's purpose and why he does it. Worldwide Religions tend to say that people are lost and the big are powerful and we should all fall down in admiration at the great and endowed. Rastafari is a trod which can be followed without having to feel that you are inferior because you do not put greed at the top of your list or individuality and do not measure your success by how much you have or how much you have achieved.

I think that a path with as yet a small following still has a very long way to go and has a very big voice. When you look at the sickness in our modern society and the anxiety everywhere, it is only a path like Rastafari that will make people strong spiritually, tell them that wealth is not being an over eaten person in a 4 x 4 loaded to the roof with pizzas building yet another house in your garden to sell off for more money.

I could never be a Black Rastafarian because it is not my roots but, given the chance to work with Rastas or be friends with them or be related to them, I am the first in the queue. They have soooooooooooo much to offer this world as a way forward. When the word Rasta is uttered, my ears prick up and I think 'hope'.

Freespirit

Messages In This Thread

White Rasta?
AGB: check my blog
White Rasta.......the oxymoron
Re: White Rasta.......the oxymoron
Re: White Rasta.......the oxymoron *NM* *LINK*
RJ
Re: RJ
Resonse to RJ!!!!!
RJ!!!!
AGB
Incient Yout'......
Re: Incient Yout'......
American Sadhu *LINK*
thanks, ADAM. *NM*
correction
bredren...give thanks for the saddhu link!!!!!! *NM*
Re: White Rasta? *LINK*
CURE Is a white conscious organization
CURE
Re: CURE Is a white conscious organization

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com