Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: White Rasta?
In Response To: Re: White Rasta? ()

Greetings Eire
Give thanks for the response.

"am proud of my ancestors culture in many ways. In ways that culture is lacking so I seek better ways where necesary. I also draw from other Europeans stock and culture as well. "

In what ways do your feel your Celtic culture is lacking?

"None of that changes the fact that Haile Selassie I is God and King and I will proclaim HIM as such."

What made you come to the conclusion that Qedamawi Haile Selassie is God, and how do you sight HIM as your king? Did any off your Celtic griots and elders point you to HIM?

" I have found elements of cultures that are not my ancestors yet are superior to them. As a thinking man I feel it is proper to adopt superior cultural aspects when I find them."

How do you decide if one culture is superior or inferior to another?

"I feel that this is the teaching of Haile Selassie I. If I am wrong I will accept correction."

The teachings of HIM does not say that whites are to co-opt the ways of Afrikan people. He did not set aside land for Europeans to come and settle in Afrika.

"What of a child that draws from more than one culture, from more than one continent. Shall he be forced to choose just one culture? If given a choice would he not choose the best of each culture he draws from?"

When a child is raised, he is raised in the livity (culture) of his parents...just as they were raised in the livity of their parents, and so on. If left alone in the western hemisphere, a European child will grow to live as a european adult. Rightfully so because that is who and what he is. Trying to "adopt" foreign ways does not serve to edify the child but to fracture and confuse the self-identification process. You are who you are. It is not about picking and choosing from other livities. Some would say pirating.

" Why would any man from anywhere on earth be content with the culture of his ancestors if he had knowledge of a higher culture. Why would any man want to keep another from elevating themselves through higher culture? "

If you have knowledge of self, you would honor your ancestors and give thanks for the livity that allow you to be here. The word is not "content". The word is "pride"...being proud of who you are. You do not show that you are proud of your ancestors as you say if you feel that their way is inferior to another which you choose to "adopt". So many whites who try to adopt Rastafari, denigrate their own european culture in an attempt to mimic a foreign one.

This is definitely a self-destructive mentality in my opinion .

Peace

Messages In This Thread

White Rasta?
AGB: check my blog
White Rasta.......the oxymoron
Re: White Rasta.......the oxymoron
Re: White Rasta.......the oxymoron *NM* *LINK*
RJ
Re: RJ
Resonse to RJ!!!!!
RJ!!!!
AGB
Incient Yout'......
Re: Incient Yout'......
American Sadhu *LINK*
thanks, ADAM. *NM*
correction
bredren...give thanks for the saddhu link!!!!!! *NM*
Re: White Rasta? *LINK*
CURE Is a white conscious organization
CURE
Re: CURE Is a white conscious organization

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com