Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: White Rasta?
In Response To: Re: White Rasta? ()

First I must day that I hope this board will not go the way it once did with this topic raising again and again, as I for one find it distracting from the Rastafari mission.

With respect to the little youth who first posted. If you are as you describe yourself, (as on this internet lots of imposters) then it is very harsh how some have spoken to you.

Instead of trying to encourage a youngsters' first enlightenment and seeking of truth, some would want to run you.

It seems some prefer that you remain in ignorance and continue the way of your forebears, downpressing Africans and seeing Europeans as superior ?

It is time for those of us who have grown up in certain times to take a check of things instead of imposing our inherent prejudices and experiences.
For there are little youngsters like these who are growing in different times than those we grew in and maybe it will be the start of change and the dawning of a righteous era we have so longed for.

To question this youth as if he is a grown adult with fully made up beliefs and so on I feel is very wrong.

There are a few Europeans who have had our eyes opened.

Many Africans do not accept us to be any part of Rastafari livity and will not see as us brethren and sistren in the trod.
I fully, FULLY Raspect that view, and fully overs it.

I too have been as scepticle of many Europeans, and Japanese and so forth moving towards Rastafari and yes indeed there are those who think it is just about smoking herb and listening to Reggae and see it as akin to a peace and love Hippy movement. True too, there are Africans wearing locks and claiming as Rastafari, who are not too dissimilar from these Europeans in their view of it as a reason to smoke copious amounts of herb and listen to reggae.

But there are some Europeans, as Ras Adam voiced, who KNOW Rastafari as a VERY AFRICAN Iception.
Who know that Its foundation is for the Forwardment and redemption of African people. Selassie I told us this we read and know this. Marcus Garvey told us this we read and know this.

To me and Others, Rastafari is total truth.
It is Overstanding of the Knoweldge that Africans have given to Jah Earth, that they lead and taught and created. That this Earth will not be at Peace until Africans are risen up again and Africa restored to its righteous position as fountain of all Knowledge and of Peace and Humanity.

As such I (and I know others) do not demand we be accepted as Rastafari, we do not want to take over any Rastafari Organs, nor dictate any doctrines (as Europeans have always done since time). We come very, very humbly, to support African works however we can. We do Not come to take over and demand inclusion and acceptance and dictate and interfere with African works.

Other races coming to Rastafari can only do so humbly and openly and once sighting the truth.
As ones come from different backgrounds and experience so we bring some view of unity with a common goal, to work towards the True Rastafari goal of African unity, of Reparations for the genocide committed and to try and undo what can be undone of the destruction of African civilisation.

For Real, the few Europeans who do truly strive to trod the TRUE Rastafari path, with the African focus truly held as the centre of their belief, are certainly a drop in the ocean to the tide of racist and oppressive Europeans still doing their works, but it is a little ripple that can help to change things.

With the ignorance that Europeans have of African history, should ones not be encouraging when a European Youth wishes to learn and to have his eyes opened.

It is a cliche to assume that ALL Europeans only come to the Rastafarian trod as a weed smoking reggae loving Hippies (I think the Sadhu comparison used here is very disresepctful and dismissive towards the Hindu religion).
Again the few who do come correct are a drop in the ocean, but there are indeed some.

It is good to encourage every man, European, African, Asian, Oriental to study and learn African History and Knowledge.
What good comes of chasing someone and telling then to only dwell on their own (Euro) culture, when that culture and brainwashing is the root of so much evil. Are we not here to enlighten and teach ?

Should not every youth learn and be educated fully in that which has so long been withheld and denied to us ? African History and Knowledge.

We cannot prefer for Europeans to stay miseducated and perpetuate the same evil that has gone before?

Many of us had no access to learn anything of African culture of History until recent times.
The Working classes were illeducated and oppressed by the Ruling class, the Aristocracy and Middle classes here in Britain.
My parents knew only what was indoctrinated by these ruling classes.
I have had access to people and books and enlightenment that they never had, and the Youths coming up now have even more. This should be encouraged not denied or dismissed.

To the Original poster.

Keep the Faith, little by little you will grow and learn. You have to accept the African principles truly and fully and realise this is something you can indeed sit comfortably in. Support the works and be strong and humble and love your Brothers and sisters. Remember only the Father knows your heart and can Judge you.

It is very hard to reason I find on these message boards as much of what one says gets miscontrued by another. I just wanted to voice a little support and guidance for the youth. I am not in the habit of posting about this subject and would rather see more African reasoning on here please.
We Europeans need an African Teacher now more than ever.

Marcus Garvey say so.

Humblest Raspect everytime.

Africa and Africans First. Selassie I

Messages In This Thread

White Rasta?
AGB: check my blog
White Rasta.......the oxymoron
Re: White Rasta.......the oxymoron
Re: White Rasta.......the oxymoron *NM* *LINK*
RJ
Re: RJ
Resonse to RJ!!!!!
RJ!!!!
AGB
Incient Yout'......
Re: Incient Yout'......
American Sadhu *LINK*
thanks, ADAM. *NM*
correction
bredren...give thanks for the saddhu link!!!!!! *NM*
Re: White Rasta? *LINK*
CURE Is a white conscious organization
CURE
Re: CURE Is a white conscious organization

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com