Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: White Rasta? *LINK*
In Response To: Re: White Rasta? ()

Rapect Ancient Youth.

For real, White people cannot and should not claim Rastafari as Africans can. We come to it from a very different path than Africans. Rastafari originate as a religion of the African and for the African. As more ones Outernationally get to hear and see its righteous teachings ones will be drawn to it, we have to accept we cannot stop that. Otherwise Rastafari could have remained as a community of Brethren and Sistren solely within Jamaica and never have spread wider.

the aspects of Rastafari that don't focus directly on Africanness, but on humanness and spirituality, may be an easier side to deal with for some, but as I say, Ones must equally accept and love and humble themselves to the Africanness of Rastafari.

The number of Whites, or other Races, truly finding Rastafari (and I'm not talking those who dabble in it for a while in confusion and then cut and trim) is tiny, because there comes a time when those who are not true believers will not be able to handle its African elements.
I don't think it is anything to worry about. Rastafari is not going to be over-run with White people trying to take it over and claim it as theirs any time soon ! :o)
Those who can handle it will stand strong and long and supportive, those who can't will run and find their next fad. I don't sight that any aspect of Rastafari has ever been watered down or made more acceptable to Europeans.
Every True Rastafari I know teaches the true reality of it and would not accept some weakheart European coming to them ignorantly or trying to mix up the Trod.

Can we White people give anything to Rastafari? Some would say no, and some would say it is possible.
As I say once one shows Raspect and knowledge of the true origin and truth of Rastafari ie. Its redemption of and for Africans and Africa and does not try to diminish this then I for one must accept them.

If it be that White people are more seen as Supporters of Rastafari movement than an intergral part of it then that is fine for me that is how I see it really.

I will pick you up on your comparison of White people in Rastafari as Saddhus in Hinduism.
Either you are giving White people a big compliment or are disrespecting Saddhus and I don't think it is the former :o)

Saddhus in Hinduism are extremely devout, they are seen as the chosen ones. Their radical ostracism of all things material and devotion to a reaching a higher level is revered by Hindus. They are the wisest teachers and are seen almost as G*d incarnate by many followers. I don't think you can compare white people in Rastafari to that !
While we may not overs many of their practices and it may seem strange or weird to us, to say they are dirty or nasty is to disrespect the next mans religion and devotion and I cannot accept that. Each man to his own spritual, relgious and cultural path. Once he is not downpressing the next man, or speaking words of hatred to him, or committing acts of violence than I will Raspect that mans right to his beliefs as he must accept mine.

I fully Raspect and agree with your words on Africans not trusting Euopeans. For this was the downfall of Africa, and Africans in these times know this, you don't need to have to trust Europeans no more.
I do think that Ones like the I who are living in Amerikkka are seeing the very, very worst of Racism and Downpression by White people.
The Racial divide in America and Downpression of Africans is so complete and pervasive and subtle there that is scares me. For it is hard to see a way to change it? White people, in general, there have been so brainwashed and illeducated you cannot see where to start to change things and redress the balance.
There is though still another world outside Amerikkka, where whilst still pervaded by racism and the lie that Whites are superior and power is still in Ruling class hands, things are moving and changing and some good can be found to inspire us. What I a trying to say is that The whole world isn't like Amerikka.

Greatest Raspect and Love to you my brother.
Thanks for the reasoning.

Africa and Africans 1st

Messages In This Thread

White Rasta?
Re: White Rasta?
AGB: check my blog
White Rasta.......the oxymoron
Re: White Rasta.......the oxymoron
Re: White Rasta.......the oxymoron *NM* *LINK*
RJ
Re: RJ
Resonse to RJ!!!!!
RJ!!!!
AGB
Incient Yout'......
Re: Incient Yout'......
American Sadhu *LINK*
thanks, ADAM. *NM*
correction
bredren...give thanks for the saddhu link!!!!!! *NM*
Re: White Rasta? *LINK*
CURE Is a white conscious organization
CURE
Re: CURE Is a white conscious organization

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com